Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Query on Savannah, Hogan update, MITB poster, WWE live event roster notes, Punk gives advice, Hardy trolls the IWC, Ziggler back, WWE's "youth movement", and Questions on an NXT cage match, Angle in TNA, TNA's signing, the history of TNA, Punk, and Ryder

First up, a query:
1. I don't know if there was any specific reason that Savannah was let go by WWE, other than that they presumably wanted Jamie Keyes to be the ring announcer over her. I seem to remember that she wanted to be a wrestler (as she was in developmental), but for whatever reason that never came to be. Sometimes it's hard to explain WWE's decisions. Of course, Jamie didn't last very long in the role herself!

Hulk Hogan will still be a part of Slammiversary, brothersjacksdudes. I wouldn't be shocked if he claimed to have a burned hand when he slammed Andre the Giant in front of 500,000 Hulkamaniacs and when he was going to play bass in Metallica.

Here's the poster for Money In The Bank 2013. I wonder what the over/under is for crazy ladder bumps that night.

Hunico (losing to Ted DiBiase), Bray Wyatt (defeating Zack Ryder), and Brad Maddox (losing to Ryder after Wyatt had beat him) all worked this weekend's live events. Maddox is a bit surprising. At this point, I would assume he's just getting a tryout and/or this is just something they're doing for live events and there aren't any plans for him to be on the main roster right now. Hunico, on the other hand, I hope comes back and does good things. I was very impressed with him as Sin Cara and the feud after that. Then he got paired with Camacho and things kind of fell apart. A new character might be in order.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

C.M. Punk took aim at disrespectful fans. I don't see how more celebrities/notables don't go off on fans who treat them like cattle and feel that they are "owed" autographs and pictures.

I normally don't promote Ring Of Honor, but I found this pretty funny. Matt Hardy's pretty great at working the IWC.

World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler returned to live events this weekend. I'm glad he's back. Definitely one of the hardest workers in WWE and he deserves the spotlight.

Jim Ross talked about the "youth movement" in WWE. Maybe one day TNA will have one of those. That'd be good for Bound for Glory.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I see them saving a cage match for a really hot feud that "needs" a gimmick to settle it. You know, like the good old days. I applaud them for not going too crazy with stipulation matches. The show's really good without them.

2. Someone really screwed up there. Angle was in WWE for years after TNA was founded, and didn't make the jump until they released him (and TNA was on SpikeTV).

3. I don't know if they'd be willing to take another chance on him after his behavior last time. That said, TNA loves bringing in names from the past, so I wouldn't rule it out. I have a feeling that it's RVD, but don't know for sure.

4. TNA was originally NWA:TNA. It's always stood for Total Nonstop Action (which is kind of a silly name when you think about it). There was a female wrestler named Trinity, and an ALLAN Funk who worked as Bruce who became "Miss TNA". He might be best known as WCW's Kwee Wee.

5. I don't see WWE pulling a swerve there, since the show is in Chicago. Whether he's back full-time remains to be seen.

Nothing to add to 6, other than I'd like to see them do something useful with him for once.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment