Total Pageviews

Friday, June 7, 2013

Tyson talks Dana vs. Vince, Steele promotes book, Interviews with Tenay/Ventura/Sting, Big O in demand, Rampage transcript, and Questions on Trish/Stephanie, Cena/nWo, improving Raw, injuring Rock, and improving TNA's ratings

Mike Tyson commented on who would win in Dana White vs. Vince McMahon. I don't know much about Dana's skill level, but Vince is 67 and more of a bodybuilder than a competitor. Tyson did say that he did a lot of weed...

George "The Animal" Steele talked about his book and more. Pretty harrowing story about the attempted suicide. It's a serious issue that isn't talked about nearly enough.

Mike Tenay discussed 11 years of TNA. He's something like the JR of TNA. It won't be the same without him. I eventually came to like Don West's commentary and his style of doing things. It's definitely different with Taz there. All in all, a good read.

The Big O, of Z! True Long Island Story fame, has won his bracket in the TNA Gut Check Challenge, meaning that he has a chance to wrestle as a part of Gut Check on Spike. I wish him luck.

Update: He also got a tryout for WWE this week. Him working alongside or against Ryder would be compelling if they did it right. Maybe they could even involve Curt Hawkins?

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Jesse Ventura talked about politics. I normally wouldn't post something like this, but there is some wrestling discussion. I've heard the same kind of thing about Vince, Jr. that he said about Vince, Sr..

Here are highlights from a Sting interview. Don't hold your breath on Taker vs. Sting. It might happen; it might not. It's not a match that's on my personal "dream matches" list. The storyline could be cool, but I don't know how good the actual match would be.

Here's the transcript of the Rampage Jackson conference call. What does it tell you that the Wrestling Observer guy opened with questions on MMA and THEN got to the wrestling stuff? Thankfully PWInsider got right to the stuff I actually care about.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I haven't seen anything to suggest it was anyone's idea but hers. I know a lot of fans (myself included) wanted Lita to induct her, but I think she had good reason for picking Stephanie.

2. If (when?) they turn Cena heel, I can see them possibly doing something like that. But I'm not so sure they'd want to make a heel out of the face of their new Kmart campaign, the Make-A-Wish champion, one of the stars of their upcoming animated ventures, etc.. The story goes that when Hogan turned heel, he hadn't been a top draw as a babyface for quite some time. Cena's still selling a lot of merch and such.

3 is specifically about them and is a situation I don't really know about, so I'll leave it to them.

4. I bet you just jinxed it. Good going. Nothing to add to their answer. I can see it reverting back to the old format at some point.

5. Yeah, I also haven't heard about any heat on Cena. He wrestles all the time (and has for over a decade), whereas Rock only wrestled a couple of matches in the middle of training for movies after not wrestling for quite some time. I know it's popular to attack Cena, but I don't think he's to blame for this one.

6. I wouldn't know what night would be best for the show, except obviously not on Mondays against Raw. Running ads during Raw is easier said than done and likely quite expensive. I'm not so sure NBC Universal would be crazy about running an ad for another company's wrestling show during their wrestling show, either. Especially one that airs on a network that they don't own! Sadly it's not easy to turn 1.0s and 1.1s into 3.0s and higher.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment