Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Query on a Chyna comeback, Diva demoted to NXT, Kane update, Dreamer-TNA update, new titles in WWE?, various WWE appearances, the day Bruno lost the WWWF Title and Questions on the Wolves, a Double J swerve, Ryback, WWE dropping PG and the Rumble

First up, a query:
1. I'd normally say there's absolutely NO way WWE would bring Chyna back in any capacity, but they did make amends with Ultimate Warrior. I don't think it's completely out of the question for her to be part of a DX HoF induction, but I'd be surprised if she came back for more than that. Even a HoF induction sounds unlikely.

"Total Divas" star JoJo has been officially moved from the main WWE roster to the NXT roster. I'm guessing they think she needs more experience before competing on TV again. I can't say it's a bad move on their part.

Kane continues to work live events, so I wouldn't be surprised for him to officially go back to more of a wrestling role soon, quite possibly including a spot in the Rumble. This doesn't mean he'll stop being Director of Operations, just get in the ring on TV more.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Tommy Dreamer worked as an agent for a number of matches at Genesis. John Gaburick has been looking to rebuild TNA's office staff, so this might become more of a regular thing. I think that could work out well. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if we ended up with Bully Ray vs. Tommy Dreamer again since they worked the #OldSchool PPV. If this is Bully's last year in a major national promotion, I can't say I'd object too much to one final feud between them. It's not something I'd actively push for, but I can understand why they'd want to do it. I hope 2014 is the last hurrah for a number of talents in both promotions who have passed their "sell by" dates.

The Bella Twins have been pushing for Divas' Tag Team Titles in WWE. I think that'd be a tough sell and would dilute the value of the singles Divas' Title.

Speaking of the Bellas, they've been on NFL AM on the NFL Network a number of times lately. Hopefully some NFL stars return the favor on the WWE Network.

C.M. Punk and The Miz will be on Comedy Central on 2/12, while Chris Jericho will be there on 3/3. I wonder if Vince would rather do a comedy show than wrestling...

Here's an article looking back on the night Bruno Sammartino lost the WWWF Championship. It's pretty cool to see Bill Apter write for WWE.com. Nice look back at a historic moment.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I can just picture this being pitched. "Hey, everyone. I know we already have a really full slate these next few weeks with Angle vs. Roode, Sting's contract coming up, Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson, Gunner vs. Storm for the #1 Contendership *pauses for breath* the Knockouts Title being on the line and the X-Division Title being on the line, but there's these two guys we just signed who've never been on national TV and are only known by a niche audience. Can we stop everything we're doing to give them a big debut?" I think it actually works better for them for their debut to be saved for a less crowded show, but that's me.

2. I'd like to think they wouldn't go to such lengths just to pull one over on the "smarks". It's not like they've incorporated his leaving into TNA storylines. I wonder if it's Jeff Hardy? That'd be a clever way for him to change things ahead of him presumably coming back for Lockdown. Joseph Park would also be an interesting choice, but I suspect they'll be officially making him Abyss sooner rather than later.

3. That's pretty much it. He really had a good thing going as a face going up to the main event scene, but various factors have knocked him right back down.

4. PG is best for business. Companies that wouldn't touch them before are more willing to work with them now. The Attitude Era in some ways was a reaction to competition from WCW, which no longer exists to make Vince shake things up in that direction. It's no secret Vince prefers the more kid-friendly approach.

5. I don't see it happening. He is still a minority owner in TNA I believe. I'd love for the two sides to mend fences, though.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment