Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 1/3/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

Ahh, good segment to start the show. I'm glad they're shaking things up from the whole "someone interrupts a promo to set up a match" thing, though I understand why they use that so much.

I liked the opening tag match. The Shield are always good, and the Usos continue to get more fluid as a team. Getting more experience is helping them out.

Not a big surprise with Punk making the save. I don't see there being too many big shakeups in who's working with whom going into the Rumble. It's kind of "lame duck" session right now in some ways.

Not really sure what that PTP segment accomplished, but at least they got some mic time.

No problem with that main event being made.

I guess I don't have too much of a problem with the team of Truth, Woods and the Funkadactyls and their current gimmick. Hopefully it gets Woods on his way to being a valuable member of the roster. The match itself was fine. I'm looking forward to more of Summer Rae in the ring.

Good promo segment with Big E and Curtis. That's all I ask for to make matches mean something.

Goldust and Rhodes vs. the Wyatts was really amazing. Hopefully Harper and Cody have really big futures. Both have really impressed. Rowan plays his role well, and Goldust continues to wow me.

The New Year's stuff feels kind of like filler.

Aksana vs. Nikki was a good little match. I just don't find either character all that fascinating right now.

Nice Orton video package. I'm glad we're getting a break from him and Cena tonight.

I liked Big E vs. Curtis well enough. Hopefully Big E continues to grow as a star. It could be a good while before he works like a top guy. Right now, it's OK for him to not look ready for that level.

I liked the Barrett promo well enough, but that's a really limited gimmick for someone that talented.

That was quite the main event. It's always enjoyable to see Punk mix it up with The Shield.

Good little post-match, though I'm a little split on whether it's time to break up The Shield.

I'm really interested to see where things go from here with the Wyatts and Bryan. This is some pretty crazy stuff.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment