Total Pageviews

Friday, January 3, 2014

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/2/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
I've really missed Tyson's wrestling. I hope someone was taking notes on the abilities he showed here. I'd love to see him challenge Dean Ambrose for the U.S. Title.

I rather enjoyed PTP vs. The Usos, even if I've seen it a billion times. They've given it enough of a break to bring it out for this show. I just don't want it to become a regular thing again. Anyway, both teams have continued to improve their cohesion and general abilities. Good work.

Impact Wrestling:
I like them starting off with a video on Magnus. They need to keep building up their younger, less expensive acts.

I really enjoyed the opening segment to keep positioning Roode as a top star against an established guy like Angle. This is what TNA has needed to do with some guys for years. Heck, in some ways, it's what WWE needs to do now.

Nice little segment with Dixie. Magnus is being positioned well so far.

That was mostly good from Gail and Madison to keep that angle going.

Cool stuff with Sabin and Velvet. He could make a pretty solid heel, I think.

Mostly good stuff with Angle, Storm and Gunner. I'm willing to give Gunner a chance as a top guy. TNA needs some fresh names in the main event scene. I'd rather see him pushed than Bully Ray at this point in time.

That wasn't bad at all between Aries and Sabin. I chuckled at the idea of Shelley being better than Sabin or (especially) Aries. MAYBE the first one, but Shelley doesn't have the it factor Aries has.

I enjoyed the post-match. I'm guessing there's a rematch of some kind at Genesis to split Sabin from Velvet.

Another good segment to set up the angle with Dixie as well as Magnus' coronation.

That was pretty creepy and intense from Shaw. I much prefer this to his previous in-ring appearances.

I get some serious psycho vibes from Shaw's character. Good work.

I'm enjoying the Storm/Gunner/Angle/Roode storyline tonight.

James Storm going to the dark side? I'm getting tingly about a Beer Money reunion, but TNA already has a lot of heels right now it seems like.

Nice Gunner promo ahead of his match.

That was a pretty physical match. I liked it. Good to see Storm, Gunner and Roode get the spotlight. The only weird thing was determining who to cheer for as a babyface.

Nice post-match to keep those two angles going.

I'll actually miss Sting some if he doesn't renew his deal, at least as a character. I just feel like he's done pretty much everything of note.

Really good EC3/Sting segment to keep adding heat to Carter. I'm ready for that match at Genesis.

Looks like we're keeping the "Joseph Park isn't Abyss" thing going. Park beating Bully Ray would be great. If/once Sting leaves, I hope Bully Ray's the next former Monday Night War era guy to sail away.

That was kind of a lame match, but it made sense in the context of the angle. Ultimately, angles are the end game.

I liked the post-match with Bully Ray and Anderson. I'm pretty sure they can't do fire indoors at Universal Studios, but it's a cool tease.

That was a REALLY good coronation segment. I'm loving the Dixieland stable.

Great ending to set up Genesis. It's set up to be a pretty nice event.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment