Total Pageviews

Friday, January 10, 2014

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/9/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Wow. Good stuff between Natalya and Summer Rae. I'm still kind of processing Kaitlyn leaving, but there are still some solid workers in the division. Hopefully given more experience, Summer Rae will be a leader of the pack.

Ryback vs. Ziggler was good enough. Poor Ziggles got pretty wrecked in that match.

Impact Wrestling:
I really enjoyed the opening segment. Nice heat for the finale of this angle. This is definitely better than Aces and Eights.

I'm intrigued by where this is all going with Dixie rallying the troops. Genesis could be quite the show.

Wow. I didn't expect Park to go down there. Usually, he'd end up bleeding and kick some ass. What does it say that the Bro-Mans can beat EY and Park when Bad Influence can't? EY of course has an out due to the attack on ODB.

I wonder if that post-match beatdown will turn Park back into Abyss? I really don't see how they can drag it out too much longer.

I liked the Joe/Dixie segment. I hope Joe gets some spotlight in the near future.

I'm starting to see the criticism people have about stars showing up later in the show like it's not important enough for them to be there on time. That said, they're doing a good job of building Sting up to challenge Dixie's stable.

Another round of Gunner vs. Storm could be cool, though I wonder how it will be official with no referee.

Nice heel move by EC3 to attack Joe.

Ouch. That was more of a fight than a match, but that was the point. They could set EC3 up pretty nicely if he keeps getting momentum like this.

Hopefully Joe gets his own momentum back at some point. The problem with having so many stars who need to be pushed is not being able to protect all of them.

I'm not crazy about them giving away a cage match ahead of next week's big cage match, but I'll wait to see what they have in mind here.

Wow. They're really adding heat to things. TNA looks set for an all-out war between Dixie's stable and AJ's friends.

Nice tease by Roode. I'm looking forward to them locking up next week.

Angle went into beast mode there at the end. Good match. I'll miss him if he finishes up in June. Credit goes to Bad Influence as well for their usual nice work.

Another cage match? Wow. This is a pretty big show. TNA should have promoted at least one of the cage matches in advance so they feel like a big enough deal. Presumably they're getting every last match they can out of Sting in case he doesn't re-sign.

Yeah, that was a little silly with Al Snow taking Angle away. I understand why they did it, but I think it needed more explanation. Angle came off as someone gullible.

I liked the match between Roode and Sting. More heat added to the bad guys. I do think we're starting to get to a point where some babyfaces need to start showing some fire.

I'd love to be done with Anderson vs. Bully Ray at Genesis.

Anderson getting the win over Bully next week is just the kind of fire the babyface side in TNA needs.

Kind of a weird segment with Dixie and Sting, but it makes sense to keep this angle going.

As far as crazy brawls involving everyone and their mothers go, that was good. By no means was it a technical classic. In fact, it was a total mess. But for that kind of match, it worked well.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment