Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Raw Reax - 1/20/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I really enjoyed the opening segment before Batista came back. They continued to add fuel to the fire for Orton's title reign, and thankfully made the loss to Kofi mean something. Batista's return was a little underwhelming. I feel like it should have gotten its own segment later in the show.

Impressive opening tag match. I expected some dissension in The Shield, but they dispatched a team of champions.

Great stuff with Bray vs. Daniel. Remember a few weeks back when everyone jumped to conclusions about where this was going and how there was no chance for Bryan to recover? The "experts" are getting less and less reliable.

I liked Fandango vs. Woods even though it didn't really seem to accomplish much. I guess it was the breather after more serious segments.

I guess they needed an excuse to show Emma. I'm ready for Emma vs. Summer Rae. Of course, apparently when you're going to debut a new talent you're supposed to have them win a big match on day one without any introduction of who they are (like people wanted the Wolves to do in TNA). Hold your horses, everyone.

I can see Kane reverting to the monster soon. I can't say I'd complain too much.

Nice heel move, Punk. Attacking someone who can't fight back and all.

I liked Punk vs. Gunn pretty well. I wonder how long we'll see the NAO around.

Punk could win the Rumble from #1 and people would still complain about his lack of a push, how it should be Bryan in that spot, etc. I see Kane costing Punk the win as we continue the road to Punk vs. HHH (which, of course, is also some kind of burial for Punk somehow).

Nice match between Rey and Del Rio. Del Rio's gotten some momentum behind him lately.

I can't say I'm surprised to see Del Rio eat a Batista Bomb. I wouldn't expect Del Rio to take out Batista in the Rumble. In fact, Batista vs. Orton at Mania seems like a pretty sure deal. It would almost definitely draw better than another round of Orton vs. Bryan, as we've seen that one quite a bit and Bryan's not as big of a deal as the mainstream movie star.

Nice setup for Brock vs. Show. If/when Brock stands tall over Show on Sunday and is pushed as a top guy going into Mania, what happened tonight will barely be a blip on the radar. They just needed to make Show look like a threat here.

Really dumb App segment.

This is the divas feud that doesn't end. It just goes on and on... The match was fine, but the story's not going anywhere. Unless there's a Divas' Title match at the Rumble, this feels like filler (although a necessary cool down from the Brock/Show faceoff).

Pretty crazy tag match given the Bray/Bryan stuff. I liked it, though. The Wyatts should be able to recover from the loss.

Why is it a bad thing Cena hasn't been here all night? I think it's great.

Fine enough little match to keep the Cena/Orton storyline going. I wonder what the Authority thinks of Cena not showing up until the show's almost over.

I liked that show ending. Much better than a long Cena promo. Less should be more with him.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment