Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 1/17/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

Interesting booking for the opening match. This could be start of the build for Cody vs. Goldust at Mania. I almost don't want the team to end, but all good things must. Having the NAO back is great as well. I wonder how many newer fans think Billy's stealing the Fameasser from Dolph?

Punk's a badass for calling out three guys.

Great stuff to set up Show vs. Lesnar. I'm glad they acknowledged Show's past with Heyman. Show's best suited for matches with big stories behind them instead of ones that have to rely solely on "workrate".

I kind of wanted Del Rio to win to continue to set him up as a big deal to challenge Batista, but it can be said that Rey just got lucky with the rollup. I definitely think this took some monentum from him.

There. That's how you get Del Rio's heat and credibility back after a loss. I'm glad they're booking him better (though I still think he'll get wrecked by Batista).

I hope they do well with Emma's introduction. I think she has a chance to really be a hit.

I liked Naomi vs. Tamina well enough, but this angle keeps spinning its tires.

The Wyatt Family gimmick continues to be really creepy. I hope these guys have a good future (namely Luke and Wyatt).

I can see Punk going down swinging tonight.

Langston vs. Fandango was fine to keep building Big E.

I really don't know if I want to see The Shield break up. They work so well together. If there's an awesome plan in mind for the three of them, that's great, but I hope they know what they're breaking up.

It was pretty heelish for Show to attack Zeb with no provocation. I do want to see Big Show take an F5 or two next Sunday.

Is it bad that I liked the spot with Colter's wheelchair? Good enough tag match.

Hmmmm... interesting final segment. Looks like we could be in for Punk vs. Kane. I'm cool with that.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment