Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Raw Reax - 1/27/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Awesome opening segment. They did a really good job of incorporating the Bryan disappointment into how things go forward.

Good set up for tonight's main event. I can't wait to see Orton vs. all three members of The Shield at Elimination Chamber! Seriously though, it's a great effort to put Bryan in the main event of EC, but it's not going to satisfy the complainers enough unless he wins.

Good Zeb promo to refocus our attention from the main event to the here and now.

I was very impressed with that opening match. I half-expected Rey and Cara to win to set up them feuding for the tag titles, but I can't complain that they're pushing Cesaro.

Barrett's gimmick is growing on me. It's rather silly and not a "main event" gimmick, but he's got a consistent TV role out of it and that counts for something.

Fandango vs. Truth was fine and dandy. They're doing a fine job of building Emma.

Great segment with Orton, Batista and Brock. No way Brock fights tonight, but my body is ready for Brock vs. Batista. That'd be amazing.

Ziggler vs. Miz was fine to fill some time. They probably didn't want to use Ziggler too much after his concussion.

I liked The Usos vs. Ryback and Axel well enough. I think I'd rather have had Rey and Sin Cara set up with a win to face NAO, but I can't complain much about passing the torch to The Usos given their work lately.

I hope Del Rio's got good insurance, because he's going to get REKT by Batista.

I liked Del Rio vs. Kofi well enough. The JBL chant was really stupid. It'd be different if the segment was a dance contest or something terrible, but Kofi and Del Rio were doing some good stuff.

I really liked the tag match going on. I'm a little miffed that it didn't get a proper ending keeping attention on the teams involved, but I understand why they made that decision.

Brock is the Beast Incarnate for a reason. Hopefully Cody and Goldust will be booked well following this to make up for getting destroyed with a chair.

I liked the Divas tag match. Yeah, the angle's tired, but for whatever reason I'm OK with it for the moment.

Pretty awesome that Jake's going into the Hall of Fame. I hope he's clean for good now.

I really like Christian (I was a huge Captain Charisma mark and was excited for him to be in TNA), but it doesn't really seem like he's got much left to do as a character now. He could turn heel, being tired of being seen as the second banana to Edge, but I don't know if that's the right move. It's not like Edge can come back and face him.

The main event was pretty good. Cena and Sheamus were involved, yes, but Daniel Bryan, The Shield and the Wyatt Family were all involved in a main event segment that didn't involve them jobbing to "SuperCena" or "SuperSheamus". This is progress.

The Wyatts vs. The Shield in an Elimination Chamber match would be a smark dream. I'd actually pop for it myself. Please, WWE?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment