Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

More on Lebron's WWE Title chase, another Brock appearance, live event notes, Christian update, Rock and Austin status for WM30, WWE HoFer in hospital and Questions on heel commentary, Evan Bourne, unifying titles, Taker and Sin Cara

Lebron James got a WWE Championship replica from The Rock. That's pretty cool to spread the WWE name.

Added to next week's Old School Raw is BBBBRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK. LLLEEESSSSSNNNNNAAAAAAARRRRR. I look forward to seeing him on the road to the Rumble.

Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre and Ricardo Rodriguez were "The Mounties" on a recent WWE live event, continuing the 3MB impersonation shtick.

Christian was the special referee for Big Show vs. Kane on that live event, replacing Booker T. in Christian's home market. I wonder if we'll see him in the Rumble.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

The Rock shot down appearing at WrestleMania 30, but put WM31 up as a possibility. I think Rock went out on top as being WWE Champion going into WM29, so he'd have to be at a pretty high level if he came back to top that. I don't see how it wouldn't still be a big draw to have him for WM31, even if the die-hard fans would hate it.

It also looks like Stone Cold won't be wrestling at the event. He's talked about working with C.M. Punk, but Punk will likely be tied up with the Authority feud. I was a BIG Stone Cold mark back in the day, but I think it's time to let that one go. Unless we get the Stone Cold of old, I don't think it would live up to the hype.

Mae Young is in the hospital, and said to not be doing well. She's a fighter. I don't see her going down easy.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Cole eventually got to where he really cracked me up in his role because he was kind of in on the joke at some point. JBL right now is just terrible, with no "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" to it.

2. If he doesn't come back by WrestleMania (the Rumble's a perfect opportunity), it's probably time to let him go. He hasn't wrestled on the main roster in almost two full years. Fish or cut bait already.

3. They feel it's more important to have one top champion than one mid-level champion. They had the IC and European titles co-existing previously. It's not a big deal.

4. I'd have to hear a really good pitch to break the Streak at this point. I feel it should remain intact. Taker doesn't have many Manias left. He can keep the Streak as far as I'm concerned.

5. I remember at one point that idea floating around, but I don't know if it was just a fan theory or what. Obviously it's probably not going to happen now, at least not with the original Sin Cara.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment