Total Pageviews

Friday, January 31, 2014

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/30/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
I liked Summer vs. Natalya well enough. Summer's got a future for sure.

Good little tag match as well. I hope Drew finally gets a singles push one of these days.

Impact Wrestling:
Angle vs. Magnus makes sense after Angle beat Roode, but I think Angle's pretty banged up. It might need to be yet another clustermess to cover up for Angle being so hurt.

I mostly liked the opening segment as far as continuing to build a new era of stars by moving past AJ, Sting and (at least for now) Hardy. It was also good for setting up the big main event. I just don't see much reason to have dissension between EC3 and Magnus. Maybe Russo really is back?

Nice tease for the investor. I hope The Wolves have a solid debut.

Not a bad Knockouts tag, if kind of brief. I found Madison becoming champion anti-climactic. I was hoping for a new signing to get that nod.

Nice post-match between Sabin and Velvet. I wonder where they each go now.

I liked Angle and Joe just showing up and beating the piss out of Roode. It was kind of heelish for them to attack 2-on-1 and unannounced, though. Generally babyfaces have the honor to not do that kind of thing.

The second part of that segment was good, too.

I'm definitely surprised that Storm and Gunner are a team again. I guess they figured TNA has enough heels right now. Should be a good tag match. Bad Influence was entertaining as they generally are.

Good tag match. I guess if Gunner and Storm are truly back together, that was a solid effort in rebuilding them as a team. I wonder if this is any kind of preparation for a possible post-Bad Influence TNA. There's speculation that one or both members of the team could be cut once their contracts come up in April.

Nice post-match. Straight-up babyface moment.

I liked the Roode/Dixie segment, though it does seem more like we're getting into shades of gray with heels not being on the same page. Kind of chaotic to follow at times.

I liked the Abyss/EY segment. They could make for an interesting team. The Joseph Park character just worked a live event, so he still exists for the time being.

I liked the Wolves/Spud segment. Spud's definitely a better character now than he was before algining with Dixie. There's a nice contrast between Davey and Eddie, personality-wise.

That was an interesting continuation of the EY/Abyss story. It makes sense at any rate. The Abyss character doesn't seem like one to want to team with Eric Young.

Looks like we're not getting the Wolves in the ring just yet. Team Investor vs. Team Dixie at Lockdown would be cool by me.

Can Bully Ray put his career in that casket? I think it's about time.

Samuel Shaw has some real moves. Such a romantic! Sabin should have taken notes. Seriously, though, this is really creepy. But I much prefer it to "serious wrestler who wants to win titles and have good matches" #4558.

Does that mean next week they're writing Bully off!? Please! Throw him in the casket and let's not see him back in TNA for another few months (if at all).

I like EC3 and Magnus, but I don't think they need to fight each other right now.

Clever cutaway for the investor.

I liked the tag match, even if Magnus continues to look like a paper champion. Joe vs. Magnus could be quite great. Magnus needs to get some heat on him, though.

I mostly liked the ending to the show to set up next week's episode. It's a little misleading to say Angle's going to be around a long time, because 2014 might be his last year in TNA. MVP as investor could be pretty entertaining.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment