Total Pageviews

Monday, September 14, 2015

More on Divas bar incident, ROH+WWE+NXT live event notes, Rey on leaving WWE, WWE live event guests, Interview with Bayley, and Questions on Vince vs. WCW, Rosita-WWE, Cena as a draw, and Sting's WWE run

Paige discussed the recent bar incident involving herself and Alicia Fox. It's very depressing that some people can't control themselves and give in to the power of their substances. At least we know it wasn't a work for "Total Divas," although I think I'd prefer that because I could blame sleazy reality show producers.

NJPW stars will be on ROH shows in May 2016.

ROH's most recent live event featured Beer City Bruiser and Samson Walker, as well as some local talent. ZZZZZZZ

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.


Rey Mysterio put out a few vague tweets about leaving WWE. I don't anticipate him returning anytime soon, although I suspect he'll be a Hall of Famer some day down the line. Unless there's more heat between the two sides than was initially believed.

Bret Hart and Lance Storm visited at WWE's live event in Calgary. I'm sure they were the life of the party.

Phil LaFon and David Benoit were at WWE's show in Edmonton. I don't expect we'll see David in a WWE ring given his father's actions. That's still (understandably) a pretty sore spot in WWE.

Bayley discussed her journey so far. I'm also impressed with Gable and Jordan. NXT as a whole is a lot of fun right now, and I hope it keeps what made it successful as it grows.

The Dudley Boyz are now working WWE live events regularly. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them win the titles soon. I want to see them face the Wyatts pretty badly.

Here are results from this weekend's NXT live event. Not sure when we'll see Nia Jax debut, but I suspect she'll end up working with Bayley on TV by the end of the year. That'll be interesting.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I agree that Vince did the Attitude Era because WCW forced him out of his comfort zone. I also think they had a really amazing roster, and they were let loose more than they are today. A lot of things came together at just the right time for everything to be successful.

Nothing to add to 2.

3. She was a Rosebud a few times for whatever that's worth. I definitely think she's worth a look. It's not like TNA's going to become a big competitor for WWE anytime soon. Why not use her?

4. Yeah, it's really not that simple, by any means. You'd have to adjust for inflation, how much content was available during the time period (2 hours of Raw vs. so many hours of WWE plus the Network now), merch figures, all kinds of stuff like that. Someone would need access to a LOT of internal data to truly know how Cena stacks up.

5. This was Sting's last chance to make his mark in WWE as a wrestler. I doubt he's enough of a mark to care about win-loss records. He has the opportunity to do for Rollins what Ric Flair did for him.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment