Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 17, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 9/16/15

Read on for my take on last night's NXT and ROH.
NXT:
Tyler Breeze is definitely someone who can be a success on the main roster. He's very confident and has progressed his game. I think he needs more as a wrestler, but other than that, he's set.

Is Adam Rose getting another reboot, since he's in NXT again? I think he's pretty much been a wash, despite me liking his initial run with the Rosebuds.

Not a strong Bull promo. He still needs to lose some weight, but I think he's on his way.

If I'm Rose, I'm calling Bill Behrens to see how much I can make on the indie scene.

Tyler Breeze has got personality in spades. I'm excited for his future.

- Dillinger vs. Burch:
I've heard about how underrated Tye is for some time now, so I hope he can live up to the hype.

Dillinger's got something as a potential "utility player" in the line of Christian. That's an important role, although not as glamorous as being the top guy.

Decent match. I definitely don't see a reason to push Tye, but he's got some skills.

I'm excited for more from Gargano/Ciampa.

Decent stuff from Corbin promo wise. I like the idea of him being under the wing of Rhyno. Veterans as teachers is generally a good move.

OH FUCK IT'S HAPPENING. ASUKA'S HERE.

- Crews vs. Crowe:
Damn Crews is solid.

Crews has the raw talent to really be a big deal for WWE. He has everything they look for in a talent.

Nice aggression from Crowe. Is he finally breaking out?

I don't think I've ever seen someone as simultaneously strong and agile as Crews. There have been quick bruisers, but he's doing things smaller guys can't do.

Gargano's definitely worth signing. Ciampa's at least worth seeing more of.

Dana's still not quite there with her promos, but she's improving. I'm fine with her getting more time.

I liked Sasha's entrance.

I'm definitely excited for the Vaudevillains facing Dash and Dawson.

- Rhyno/Corbin vs. Gargano/Ciampa:
It's good to see Corbin outside of squashes.

Gargano and Ciampa are pretty crisp.

This is getting a little on the "indie" side, but the athleticism and teamwork is impressive.

I think Ciampa has some skills. They've signed/push people less talented.

Gargano's a little ball of energy. They should definitely sign this guy.  He'll fit right in.

Well, that was a good showing from the indie names. I hope there's more from them.

I like NXT's live events being important in the grand scheme of things.

I enjoyed the Vaudevillains and Alexa. Blake and Murphy are just still so bland.

Nia Jax has kind of been surpassed by Asuka, but she still has the opportunity to be important.

Breeze vs. Dempsey should be good.

I'm excited for Bayley. She's earned it.

How cool is that for Bayley's fan?

- Bayley vs. Dobson:
It's cool to use accomplished indie performers to supplement NXT.

Not a bad showing so far from Dobson. She's pretty tenacious.

Good for a squash match. I wouldn't mind seeing Dobson again. She's a little rough, but has potential.

Sasha's so much more fit to be a singles competitor instead of just one of nine people in the Divas' angle on the main roster.

Some are rating Bayley vs. Sasha quite highly.

Bayley's still kind of touch and go on promos. She doesn't have the timing that Sasha does.

I don't think this segment needed Regal's involvement, but the match itself should be great.

ROH:
- Dijak/Diesel vs. reDRagon:
Not a bad start to things as far as having a good pace.

I feel like reDRagon is just another prototypical ROH team in the vein of the Wolves, Addiction, or Young Bucks. Everyone feels really similar.

reDRagon are really good wrestlers, though. There's potential there in a more major league.

NICE showing by reDRagon. I hope Jordan and Gable can tap into some of what these guys have chemistry- and athleticism-wise.

I think this whole opening segment was good to sell the ROH PPV. Good work.

- Alexander vs. Castle:
Not bad so far. I'm not a huge Castle fan, but at least he stands out from the pack.

Too many shenanigans at ringside and in the ring. I guess that's better than the match just being MOVEZ, but it takes away from things all the same.

Castle's better than you'd think with that gimmick. I don't think I'd mind him being traded in for Adam Rose.

I liked the ending to put some heat on Sunday's match. I actually care about the outcome between Castle and Young.

Cedric vs. Moose could be pretty good, too.

I'm not sure what combination I want to see for the ROH Title in October(?). The Kingdom breaking up is somewhat interesting.

So-so card set up for the PPV. I care about some of it, but most of it just feels like athletes vs. athletes.

- Bennett/Taven vs. War Machine:
I sure do love me some no-selling. It's gotten out of control.

Bennett and Taven are both way too flippy to take seriously.

This match is pretty undisciplined. I think we take WWE agents for granted in putting together a match with actual psychology.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO. Just when I thought the match couldn't get worse, here come the Superkick Twats.

At least the match is over now. ASE with these teams is going to be terrible.

Not as bad as the show usually is. It was pretty even this time.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment