Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 19, 2015

ROH All-Star Extravaganza VII Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH PPV.
Boy can I not wait to see a bunch of flippy bullshit with no psychology beyond "hit more MOVEZ than the other guy."

Funny stuff with the Spanish announce table.

- Lethal vs. Fish:
Why's there a 20 count? It's like the only time anyone in ROH sells.

I liked the leglock spot.

That was OK, I guess. I suspect we'll see better at Night of Champions.

- Castle vs. Silas:
At least this is a fight instead of ridiculous crap. So far at least.

I want to see Young beat the piss out of all these guys. Get the heel some damn heat.

At least Young sacrificed the boys on the dive spot.

So-so match two. It had psychology at least.

I hope we get something interesting from this angle, since most of the show is "I am a good wrestler and so are you but I am better and will take the title."

Not a bad Briscoes promo. I think they MIGHT could get over on a big stage in WWE. I don't know if the company would risk the PR crisis, though.

Hilarious stuff from Whitmer. He's awesome.

OOOHHHH SSSHHHHIIIIITTTTTTT. Looks like TNA just took another L.

- Briscoes vs. ANX:
It's kind of crazy to think Kenny King left what was once considered the #2 promotion in the U.S. for ROH. What does that say about people's faith in TNA's future? Of course, all the other members of the BDC are gone, so I can see why he would entertain the notion.

Wow. ANX made a statement there. I could see them being tag champs. TNA's loss is ROH's gain.We might be saying that more in the next year or so.

Interesting post-match. Definitely moreso than the tag title match feud.

Good pre-match stuff. This should be good.

- Moose vs. Alexander:
Moose on a rampage. I like it.

OUCH with the ladder spot. Moose shouldn't be doing that kind of thing. It takes away from what he does that's uniqute from the other guys.

Should wrestlers other than RVD use the Van Terminator? It feels weird.

I always thought it was silly to use flashy aerial moves in a no-DQ grudge match. This is ROH, though, where it's all about fancy MOVEZ.

Not awful. I don't know if it meant what it should have, but theoretically now they can move on to more important things with Moose.

- ACH vs. Sydal:
Nice to have some chain wrestling early to bring the crowd back into things.

Who knew Sydal could do more than flippy shit? I'm impressed.

Not a bad match, psychology-wise. I guess ACH has the advantage in the series of Flippy Guys.

- Addiction vs. Bucks vs. Kingdom:
Ughh..... This ISN'T wrestling. It's performance theater.

Flippy shit deluxe.

Really bad match. Just a sequence of MOVEZ.

Shit match. Shit ending.  At least it's over.

- Styles vs. Strong vs. Elgin vs. Cole:
Demolition derby time!!

Styles wins another MOVEZ-fest. Not as bad as the previous match, but that isn't saying much.

- Lethal vs. O'Reilly:
It's good seeing some submissions here.

O'Reilly's not bad at all. I hope he's got a future in WWE or something.

A bunch of crazy interference shit.

Why on Earth did they tease Cole turning face, then have him just be a heel against someone else? Pretty lame.

Oh, I guess Cole's still with The Kingdom. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment