Total Pageviews

Friday, September 4, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 9/3/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I fucking love The New Day. This is becoming one of my favorite gimmicks ever.

SAVE THE TABLES!!! I hope New Day holds the titles at least until Hell in a Cell. This is way too entertaining to end so soon. I'm also upset PTP was shafted when the Dudleys returned. Yes, the Dudleys are legends. But they need to be used like Rhyno and Samoa Joe in NXT, not as dominating the current guys.

I'm glad PTP got to challenge the Dudleys just walking right in and getting a feud for the titles after being gone for ten years (and working for the competition, no less!)

It's also good we got some different people starting the show.

- PTP vs. Dudleys:
This match was good enough. The hard-working current teams are getting hosed in this exchange, though. Who the heck challenges the Dudleys after they beat PTP and New Day? Obviously them facing the Wyatts would be AWESOME, but I don't know what this means for the other tag teams.

Fun stuff setting up New Day vs. Reigns/Ambrose.

I'm not really sure why The Ascension are helping Stardust, but it's not like they're doing anything else. Who teams with Neville to take them on?

Cesaro vs. Sheamus was set up well.

- Cesaro vs. Sheamus:
Sheamus getting under the fans' skin with his new look is good.

These two always do good work together.

Good match overall. Nice work by both of them.

They're getting into worrying territory with the Ziggler/Summer stuff. I can see some fans being uncomfortable with it.

Good continuity with the Fandango footage. I miss him and his original dancer.

Wow. How long can they postpone Summer Rae vs. Lana? It probably won't be too pretty from a technical standpoint, but I think they should have the two of them collide in some way eventually.

- Dallas vs. Truth:
Bo needs to get some heat back here.

That was good! I was worried they'd throw Bo under a bus (although he's obviously good enough to remain over no matter how he fares in the ring).

Nice showing by Bo.

I wasn't too crazy about the backstage Divas' segment, since WWE is so clearly behind the Bellas. They've got to balance those calling for a revolution with the "Total Divas" fans.

- Tamina vs. Charlotte:
I miss the Charlotte we saw in NXT. She's so much better than this.

Owens vs. Ryback could be a lot of fun. Owens as the next IC Champion works great for me. Ryback's honestly pretty bland as a character.

- Ambrose/Reigns vs. Kofi/Big E:
The New Day have earned the right to main event Smackdown. They're great.

I like the combination of the manic, high-flying Ambrose and the hard-hitting Roman Reigns.

Fine stuff overall. Theoretically Ambrose and Reigns could challenge for the tag team titles now.

Really good showing from Ambrose and Reigns in the post-match.

I'm excited for Night of Champions. Does anyone team with Ambrose and Reigns? If so, who?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment