Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Raw Reax - 9/21/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Starting off with the Wyatts is a nice change of pace compared to starting with Kane or Cena.

Bray vs. Roman tonight could be fun. I like the idea of Ambrose/Reigns/Orton vs. the Wyatts inside HIAC, but they should probably have a different gimmick match and save that stip for Rollins vs. Kane.

Strowman as an unstoppable Frankenstein's Monster is fun.

I'VE SEEN INSIDE MY HEAD A VISION NEVER THE OUTCOME YOU'LL BE WISHIN FOR! Definitely better than Jericho.

I'm not crazy about Kane having a split personality. It is something different from Demon Kane, so I guess that adds something interesting.

- Cosmic Wasteland vs. Neville/Dragons:
It's kind of disappointing when WWE does the same match repeatedly, but it's an easy way to fill time on long shows.

I'm half-expecting Barrett to come out and cost Stardust his match. Unless they REALLY want to throw a curveball and have it be Goldust.

Not a bad match overall. I guess this feud's continuing. I still more or less expect Barrett to be involved at some point.

Rollins is kind of being screwed by having to wrestle in another title match so soon after two title matches the previous night (and almost a third).

Bo Dallas can be a prick sometimes, but in a lovable goof way.

- Ryback vs. Dallas:
Not a bad showing by the former champ to get his heat back.

It's a shame Owens couldn't beat Ryback clean despite being able to do so vs. Cena. But he is the IC Champion now.

Not a bad post-match.

Really great stuff honoring Charlotte. It's about damn time.

So, who turns on her first? Paige or Becky?

I wasn't a fan of Paige turning heel, but maybe it means an end to the silly faction thing.

The sooner we get away from Charlotte vs. the Bellas, the better. Nikki does deserve a rematch at HIAC, though.

- Brie vs. Charlotte:
Remember Charlotte selling her leg last night? Why aren't we seeing that here?

Spoke a bit too soon.

Not bad at all. I hope this title reign's just beginning.

- Sheamus vs. Henry:
Sheamus being counted out would have been BULLSHIT. And I hope we hear from him after the match. He should be livid about NOC.

Good enough match to keep Sheamus strong after failing to take the belt.

I'm fine with Sheamus being champion again. Just not in the near future unless Rollins gets injured and there's not a better option.

I'm somewhat amused by Kane's dual personality thing, if it is a case of mind games instead of some weird failure to understand psychology.

Interesting segment between Paige and Natalya. I can't say I'm disappointed to see Natalya again.

FUCKING NEW DAY. Possibly my favorite act in all of wrestling right now. That was a funny promo.

- Big E/Kofi/Rusev vs. Ziggler/Dudleys:
That trombone is great. I miss when more managers got their clients heat. WWE needs Zeb back in some fashion if he's up for it.

Not a bad six-man tag at all.

- Natalya vs. Naomi:
OK match. I don't know if this really accomplished much.

It's silly to think Kane needs the mask to eviscerate Rollins, but I guess we're at that point with his character.

- Show vs. Cesaro:
Big Show is still a thing in 2015. Like. Damn. Let that sink in for a second.

Shit match. Cesaro should have a bright future in the company, not be jobbing to Big Show of all people. There had to have been a better choice to take the L here.

For what it's worth, I do now want to see Brock hit about 30 F5s on Show to send him off. Maybe Brock beats him in MSG and Cesaro picks up the scraps at HIAC? Cesaro retiring Show at Survivor Series isn't likely to occur, but I really don't think I'd mind.

Good stuff from the Wyatts. I'm excited.

Glad we didn't get a big Cena promo tonight. It would have been easy to do.

- Cena vs. Rollins:
I think I would have cried if Rollins tapped out again.

Rollins and Cena always mesh pretty well. It's the booking of Cena as Superman that hurts things.

Both men putting on a clinic here. 2015 is Cena's most entertaining year in some time.

I wasn't a huge fan of Cena's fast recovery from the frog splash, but the match was quite good overall.

Fine ending to continue Rollins vs. Kane. We've seen pretty much all of Kane's tricks at this point, but I'm mostly OK with that. WWE does need to build some fresh main eventers, though.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment