Total Pageviews

Monday, September 28, 2015

NXT+ROH live event notes, Fast Lane location confirmed, and Questions on Sting as an all-time great, superstars vs. wrestlers, deleting Hogan from existence, Ryback as Warrior, and Brock retiring Show

Here's a report from an NXT show this weekend (including a Dusty Classic match result). I forget Norman Smiley's still there sometimes.

Here's a report from an ROH live event featuring Jay Lethal vs. Stevie Richards. I somehow forgot to mention that match in the previous coverage of the event. That should have headlined the show. I wouldn't mind Stevie mixing it up with more ROH names since he knows how to work and can still go.

The 2/21/16 Fast Lane PPV will be in Cleveland. I wonder what that show will feature.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Even if it's not the end, I think a case can be made for him being at least close to that level. He's definitely been one of the most successful performers ever as far as World Title wins.

2. I doubt they cared all that much, but WWE definitely wants to push their performers as "superstars" since Vince/KD view things more as performance theater/a variety show than a sport like amateur wrestling is. And no, I wouldn't assume that changes when HHH takes over. It's not that big of a deal.

3. There's "Hulk doesn't exist right now," then there's "delete every trace of Hogan you can find." I mean, they still show C.M. Punk material on the Network and kept selling what was left of his stuff when he left. They even sold a Hogan DVD while Hulk was in TNA. This time, though, Hogan was really thrown under a bus.

4. I think the metaphor fits. He's definitely not a carbon copy of Goldberg at this point.

5. I think that's a great idea! I don't necessarily see it happening, though. WWE loves BEEG.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment