Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Raw Reax - 9/7/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Based Rollins. This man will go down in history.

I love Rollins interacting with the crowd during his promo. That's missing from a lot of performers.

I'm really enjoying Rollins' work as always.

They're actually setting the odds against Rollins with him potentially having three title matches at the PPV. That's generally a babyface position, so we'll see how that works out.

Interesting stuff between Rollins and The Authority. Some are predicting Rollins vs. HHH at WM32 if Rock isn't involved then. That could be quite the match. They could do it on another PPV if HHH vs. Rock does actually happen.

- Paige vs. Sasha:
This is pretty exciting so far! I hope we're looking at two future Divas' Champs here.

Not bad at all. I'm not a huge fan of the faction warfare thing, but this match was fine.

- Ascension vs. Ambrose/Reigns:
Of course Ambrose and Reigns are going to look strong here. It makes sense to build to their PPV match (especially against a beast like Strowman).

Good match overall. I liked the teamwork from the former Shield members.

I'm psyched for the new Wyatt Family.

Not a bad segment between Owens and Ryback. I think Ryback can be useful in his role; Owens is definitely someone worth pushing.

- Ryback vs. Rollins:
I'm enjoying the styles coming together here. Rollins can work with just about anyone.

This is quickly becoming a clinic. Rollins has the ability to bring out the best in someone less versatile.

The ending was a little flat, but I think it did what it needed to do. The match as a whole was quite good.

The New Day are probably my favorite act in wrestling right now. Pretty funny stuff.

Edge vs. Rollins in each man's prime would have been amazing.

I wish it was Edge and Christian healthy and facing The New Day instead of Bubba and D-Von.

I hope we end up with a triple threat for the titles.

I mostly liked the Rusev/Summer/Ziggler segment. It's a shame Lana's out of action.

- Orton vs. Sheamus:
Sheamus' new look is a heat magnet. This is great.

Sheamus vs. Orton is almost always fun. They work together well.

Nice post-match. I'm fine with Orton teaming with Ambrose and Reigns. He's very much still got it.

- Dudleys vs. Matadores:
Well, that didn't last long! I'd be surprised if the Dudleys don't take the titles at NOC. Part of me really wants to see a Wyatts/Dudleys feud. It's a shame someone like Spike isn't paired with the billion-time tag champs. Maybe Rhyno could help out? Hmmm...

I really wonder what juice there is to a Diego/Fernando feud. Unless one of them's going to get a singles push under an interesting identity and the other's going to go to Puerto Rico or something, I don't see much reason to do it. Either way, I'd rather see Enzo and Cass on the main roster than those two.

- Cesaro vs. Miz:
Miz can be pretty funny, although his act is better in small doses these days.

This was going pretty well until Show came out. Does anyone really want to see Show vs. Miz in 2015? We've been there and done that.

Cesaro getting an important win over BEEG would be fine with me.

I miss the Honk-a-meter. Santino's run with the IC Title was way more entertaining (and ended too soon compared to this).

I assume we're in for something that leads to a continuation of the feud at Night of Champions. That'd be a great place for Nikki to drop the title.

- Cena/PTP vs. Rollins/Kofi/Big E:
Is PTP headlining Raw? That's pretty cool.

It just dawned on me we didn't get a big Cena promo tonight. That's good.

I think that match ended up pretty good. I like all those competitors.

Cena dancing with PTP was hilarious. It also brought back the joke of Young being "Cena's black twin" that's been going since NXT Season 1.

It's weird it's usually the babyfaces doing property damage. That shows what kind of world we live in.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment