Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Raw Reax - 8/31/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I'm liking Sting's promo about how important the WWE Title is. Even though it is a prop, it should be treated as one worth fighting for.

And I liked The Authority's response to Sting. Seth Rollins has really been great.

- Rusev vs. Ziggler:
They've got to have a mixed tag at NOC, right?

Ziggler can "go" like nobody's business. One hell of an athlete.

No one should count Rusev short, either. He definitely has the tools to be someone important.

Not a bad match/segment overall.

Well, the Ziggler/Lana thing's interesting.

The sooner Nikki passes the record, the sooner they can end her reign and do something new.

I do wonder what happens if one member of PCB or BAD wins the title. Does their group collapse as everyone wants to challenge for it?

- Alicia vs. Becky:
Not a bad match. Just really short. I'm starting to wonder if this was the right move for the division. How much of a revolution is it really if they're all just more supporting characters to the Bellas?

The sooner we get done with Show vs. Ryback, the better.

No idea what the heck is going on with Ziggler and Summer. I assume it's some kind of ploy to make it look like Ziggler's cheating on Lana. I certainly hope they're not doing something about him being a huge stud or whatever and getting both women.

- Show vs. Ryback:
I think I'd be OK with Ryback retiring Show, actually. I suppose there's theoretically money to be made in a big retirement match where the torch is passed, but it's obvious there are people who just want Show to go away.

Ryback lifting Show's really impressive. I just hope we're more or less done with this feud.

Charlotte's quite talented. I'm impressed by her.

- Brie vs. Charlotte:
DAMN. Blink and you'll miss these Divas' matches. I don't think this is what people meant by #GiveDivasAChance.

I feel like I'm watching something from the WWE Network seeing the Dudleys on Raw in 2015. I've seen more than enough Dudleys/tables matches, thanks. I hope the audience WWE is going for with their return is happy to see them.

- Cesaro vs. Owens:
I like to see two guys who just go out there and fight. Obviously you need some loudmouths, too, though.

Both men going hard as they usually do.

I love a match like this here and there. Just straight up good wrestling from two top athletes.

I did NOT see Cesaro pulling off La Mistica. Holy shit.

REALLY, really good match.

Bleh. Wrestling romance angles can be hit or miss.

I'M SO HYPED FOR THE NEW WYATT FAMILY. PLEASE WRECK EVERYONE.

- Strowman vs. Ambrose:
Braun is STRONK. I love a good monster heel here and there. It's an important role. Strowman doesn't need to be the guy who does a 450 splash or amazing technical displays. He needs to be the immovable object for those types to go up against.

Strowman is indestructible. I like it.

The Wyatt Family is BACK. I MIGHT be OK with Erick Rowan returning to find the cracks in their armor, but definitely not yet. You can only do so much before a monster ceases to be a threat.

I really hope Seth Rollins is their next Randy Orton or Edge as far as being a regular top heel. He's so damn good.

- Paige vs. Sasha:
Wait, what if Sasha wins in record time?

As far as really quick matches go, that wasn't bad. They're talented.

Damn you, Summer Rae. DAMN YOU!!!

The New Day are way too good to play second fiddle to the Dudleys. Bubba and D-Von didn't have to step aside for a Rockers reunion, damn it.

SAVE THE TABLES!!!

- Dudleys vs. Kofi/Big E:
Honestly, the Dudleys can still go. But I think the New Day are far too talented to have to drop the titles to them. At least at NOC. Give them an out of some kind.

Not a bad match overall, even if the champs did just lose clean.

I'm glad Woods saved Big E.

MizTV could be a disaster. It certainly was last time.

Rollins is bringing THE FIRE to Sting. I love it.

Poor Rollins! Give the man his statue!

DUDE. That was a really good ending segment. Cena didn't get too into "poopy, Star Wars" territory, and two BIG matches have been set for NOC.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment