Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Bound by Honor Night One Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Honorclub special event.

- Lethal vs. S. Sky:
Uggggggghhhhhh we're already in flippy territory. Watching ROH can be a chore with all the dives.

OK, now things are getting physical.

I hope Scorpio's someone with a big future.

I like most of this so far.

That went well enough. Sky looked OK in defeat.

- Taylor promo:
Who would have thought we'd see King Mo on an ROH event??

That was good.

- Taylor vs. Woods:
Nice to see something different from that first match.

This isn't bad. I like how these two work together.

I liked that overall.

- Post-match:
I was hoping they'd set up Taylor vs. Mo. That could be interesting.

- Klein promo:
Kind of odd.

- Deonna vs. Klein:
I like Purrazzo's fire here.

Both women fighting hard. I like it.

Not bad at all!

- Post-match:
Looks like this one's continuing, too.

- King vs. Scurll:
I like both these guys a lot.

Marty hopefully has a big future.

This is nice! Kenny's bringing the fight and Marty is showing what he's all about.

That was an AWESOME Royal Flush counter.

Hahahaha good ending.

- Post-match:
This is clever. I like the flow on the card.

- Kingdom vs. H. Bucks:
As someone who was completely unimpressed with the new Kingdom at first, they've grown on me since then.

I like the story here.

Great teamwork from both sides.

I'm loving the psychology here. Yes, in a Bucks match!

They're REALLY making Matt work for that tag. It's a nice change of pace for a promotion that's usually nonstop spots.

I'm impressed with the variety on display here. It's not just aerial offense.

I like Marty getting his heat back.

That was solid!

- Serpentico/Bully/Burger:
I'm very disappointed in how much screen time Bully has gotten. He really worked ROH with the "I'm not here to take a spot" bullshit.

You know how at awards shows they'll start playing music to tell someone to get off the stage? That's what a lot of Bully's ROH run has felt like.

- Dawgs vs. C2C vs. Addiction vs. Silas/Bruiser:
Good tag work early.

I really liked Kaz/Silas.

OK, both Dawgs tagging in was funny.

This is going well.

Fun spots here.

Nice doubleteams!

Ali has nice energy here.

That was nice to get C2C a win!

- Cody vs. Punishment:
I like Martinez's aggression here.

Punishment is someone worth developing.

Nice psychology here.

Cody is setting him up well.

NICE counters.

WOW. That was a heck of a match for the time it had. It was a nice change of pace on this card.


- Castle vs. Flip:
A lot of stalling here.

So-so so far.

Wow, this is really disappointing for a match with World Title implications.

I would have been fine with Flip winning with the rollup.

Now things are getting real.

I'm impressed now that things are heating up.

Ooooohhh... Poor Boys.

Flip has game.

So-so. I liked it once it got going.

- Guns promo:
Interesting promo.

I swear it's like Bully's writing the show to make sure he's mentioned and featured so much.  

- Briscoes vs. MCMG: 
Nice start.

I'm liking the Guns' work here.

Both teams showing why they've won so many tag titles.

This is heating up well.

Both sides are delivering.

I like each side looking for the kill move here.

Pretty good ending stretch.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment