Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 4/17/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- AJ/R. Day:
The sooner we move on from AJ/Nakamura, the better. AJ's character is really bland these days.

I much prefer Rusev Day answering!

- AJ vs. Rusev:
WOW. So much for Rusev standing toe-to-toe with the champ.

Looks like this is just a setup for a STRAIGHT UP. TAG TEAM MATCH!

- Paige/Shane:
Oh come on, Paige. That should have been a no-brainer. No need to consult Shane.

- Shelton promo:
Funny line about his Twitter.

I like Shelton looking for something bigger now.

- J. Hardy vs. Shelton:
These two had their first singles match in 2006. The more things change, the more they stay the same, huh?

I like this so far.

Both men are good workers.

Nice work!

- Miz promo:
Miz is heading overseas for Raw. I kind of like him pulling this, though.

- Jey Uso vs. Harper:
That was pretty cool.

- Post-match:
So we're finally seeing Naomi with the Usos. Cool.

- Joe vs. Cara:
Man. Sin Cara drew the short straw tonight, huh?

Joe showed why you don't springboard against someone as tough as he is.

- Joe promo:
He's making a big debut!

I'm excited for this.

I wouldn't mind Joe as champ and AJ moving to Raw with his title.

- Bryan/Cass:
Good to see Cass again. I'm curious how far he can go.

- Mellabration:
I've been waiting this for SSSSOOOOOO LONG. I just wish Ellsworth was here to celebrate with her.

I hope she can run with this.

Fun stuff.

I mean, yeah. You can't complain about Carmella's cheating when your dad used the Horsemen the same way.

Carmella working with the IIconics could be fun.

Interesting stuff.

- Charlotte vs. Billie:
How long before the IIconics lose their last names?

Nice work so far.

Not bad, although they beat one of the new women clean in her first match...

- Post-match:
Asuka has interesting timing.

- N. Day/Truth/Tye:
Well this was an interesting combination. Truth and Tye as a team could be interesting. Dillinger isn't doing anything else!

- AJ/Bryan vs. Rusev/Aiden:
English is out of his league here.

Rusev Day getting sonned here.

I'd buy AJ winning a handicap match.

It's surreal seeing Bryan in the ring again.

Nice to see Bryan's signature moves again.

Karl and Luke need to look out for their boy once they join the roster.

Big Cass making a statement!

- Post-match:
Nakamura will be in an interesting place with Bryan and Joe here. I could see either man surpassing him.

-- 205 Live: 
- Ariya promo:
I mean, he's got a point. Ali should have to earn a rematch.

- Mustafa vs. Ariya:
Nice start. Both men are fired up.

These two work together well.

It always pains me to see a frog splash only get a two count.

Nice counter wrestling here.

Nice win!

- Drake announcement:
Hahaha that's awkward as hell. Murphy definitely has to eat lean to stay under 205.


- Gallagher/Kendrick squash:
I've missed Brian SSSSOOOOOO much.

I'm liking this.

Gallagher is just straight up MEAN.

That was fun!

- Mustafa promo:
I'm OK with a Mania rematch at GRR. I just hope Buddy is back soon.

- Gulak promo:
That was pretty good, although I hope Drew doesn't lose to someone he considers mediocre. That would make him less than mediocre, right? 

- Itami/Akira vs. Lince/Gran:
Good start.

Nice flash here.

I like how different these two teams are.

Nice heat from the Japanese duo.

Damn. Tozawa and Hideo are laying it in.

Masks are real liabilities.

This is wild! I like it.

This is pretty impressive.

Itami is definitely better as a heel. I'm liking this.

Oh, man. Akira blew that one.

Nice ending!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment