Total Pageviews

Monday, April 23, 2018

Redemption Reax

Read on for my thoughts on Impact Wrestling's PPV event.

- Drago vs. Aerostar:
Nice start.

Impressive work from Aerostar.

And nice work from Drago, too.

Wow, this is a hot way to start a show that's kind of been slept on.

These two work together pretty well.

This is impressive!

Wow! Good stuff.

- Mathews/Sydal:
Wait. They're already wrapping this pairing up? I hope that doesn't mean the end of Sydal's push.

- LAX:
Wow. Someone kidnapped Konnan? My pick is Rick Steiner.

- Santana/Ortiz vs. Drake/Steiner:
LAX smartly making the most of their team experience.

They're really covering for Scott here.

Man. Steiner's spent.

That wasn't bad. Things slowed down with Steiner involved, but everyone else delivered well.

- Cage vs. Trevor vs. Dezmond vs. Fantasma vs. DJZ vs. Taiji:
The tag rules will slow this down.

Way to eliminate yourself from the match, DJZ.

This is impressive.

Lots of action here.

Ohhhhhh these fools about to get CAGED.

I'm liking this.

Good fast-paced work.

NICE double fall away slam.

I'm impressed with all of this.

Good work from everyone. No one looked bad in defeat.

- Allie promo:
I'm really liking her progression as a character. I hope she's got good things ahead of her.

- Taya vs. Kiera:
Fine start.

Odd way to debut Tessa.

Both women going big here.

Kiera's lasting a lot longer than I though.

NICE!

- Petey/Steiner:
God I love Scott Steiner. I wouldn't mind a team with these two after the Eli thing runs its course.

- Sydal vs. Petey:
Two veterans of the style showing how it's done.

This is SMOOTH.

Both men absolutely belong here. I'm glad they're getting to show what they can do instead of being stuck in tag matches on Main Event or something.

Petey has really grown as a competitor.

This is badass!

Very good work from both men.

- oVe vs. Dreamer/Moose/Edwards:
This is already insane.

I love a crazy weapons brawl here and there.

Everyone here's going hard.

OH GOD that senton on a ladder.

I like the carnage here.

This is pretty badass.

OH MY GOD that tack bump.

This is really good!

Sami's getting a lot of mileage from that bat shot.

That was pretty cool. Tommy lost without looking like a chump.

- Post-match:
GOOD GOD EDDIE CALM DOWN.

EDDIE EDWARDS IS A MAN POSSESSED!!

I mean, there are ass-kickings, and then there's this.

That was badass as hell. Wow.

- Main event promos:
They're making the most of their original main event being off the table.

- Allie vs. Su:
Basically a handicap match here.

Wow. Braxton's really making the most of his spot here.

Yung is something else.

I like Allie's fire.

Wow. I'm surprised Allie won that way. Hopefully Su isn't the latest departure.

- Post-match:
Man, Sutter has had really rough luck in love in Impact.

I further question if this is the end of Su.

- Slammiversary announcement:
It's so weird Impact does their anniversary in late July. That's more than a month after their 16th anniversary. It is good to see them back in Toronto, since they originally planned Redemption to come from there. Oops.

- Aries vs. Penta vs. Fenix:
Austin definitely looks like the underdog here.

This is solid so far.

Surely you can break up the hold more easily than climbing up for a missile dropkick?

I see the hype for the two LU guys.

It's going to be tough to win with a submission in this one. Too easy to break up.

I'm very impressed by the Lucha Bros.

This is really solid. Wow.

Now this feels like a main event with three top workers.

That was a hell of a 450.

This is amazing!

WOOOOWWWWWWWWWW. Big surprise, and a hell of a match to win.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment