Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Raw Reax - 4/23/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Bruno salute:
That was great. Very classy. Bruno is one of THE icons in the business.

- Brock/Heyman/Reigns:
It's still weird Brock won. This feels like an unnecessary epilogue.

Like Brock cares enough to WANT to go to Saudi Arabia for a title match.

That wasn't bad. I'm ready for this to wrap up.

- Roode/Elias:
This is a pretty cool combination.

- Roode vs. Elias:
Roode has been a solid competitor for years now. I feel sorry for those who didn't see him in Impact.

Solid so far.

Elias has a good base, but he's still got a ways to go.

Roode is really smooth.

Ehhhhh. Fine to start things.

- W. Warriors:
I hope these two do take the title.  

- W. Warriors vs. Ascension:
This is fun.

I kind of want Konnor and Viktor to join these two.

Man. At least they got on TV!

- Sami/Owens Show:
Ehhhh. These two are getting stale.

OK, I did like the line about staying home from school. Although of course you can watch it on demand.

Angle vs. either of these guys would be amazing.

I love the ribbing of Jordan.

I liked this overall.

- Miztourage/Seth:
Ahhhhh. I love it.

- Dolph/McIntyre vs. Titus/Apollo:
I wish Titus and Apollo could get some momentum.

Drew vs. Apollo could be SICK.

Pretty solid.

- Post-match:
I'm surprised to see Drew as a heel, but this really has potential.

Oh God FINALLY Dolph cares about something other than having a good match.

- Angle/Gable/Mahal:
Hmmm...

OK, the Nicholas jab was funny. Mini-Me was a little stiff, though, given his passing.

- Jinder vs. Gable:
So, does the other Singh get drafted to Raw, too?

I'm liking this so far.

Mostly fun. Gable is talented.

- R. Squad interview:
I'm glad they're headlining this show, since they can't be at the Greatest Rumble.

- Joe promo:
Joe gets to be on both brands for a while.

- Finn/Miztourage:
Poor guys! Hopefully they find a friend soon.

- Owens/Sami vs. Lashley/Braun:
Kevin and Sami are in trouble here.

I hope we get Lashley vs. Braun some day.

The heels are turning things around well.

I love Lashley. Glad he's getting to work in front of a bigger audience.

Great teamwork from the heels.

HOLY SHIT Braun's mobility.

I'm liking this.

GOD that was based. Glad WWE has hosses again.

- Corbin/Jose:
Wowwwww. This isn't very good.

DAMN. Baron was serious, huh?
 
So much for Jose. He's going to need to show he's more than just a dancing gimmick. I think he did a good job with that in NXT; hopefully he's improved even more since those days.

- Alexa promo:
I'm DYING. I really wonder where she goes from here, though. It's time for new people in the title picture, but hopefully Bliss can still play to her strengths. Maybe we'll get the Blisstourage?

- Seth/Finn vs. Bo/Curtis:
I swear, Bo and Curtis better still get TV time post-Miz. They're fun.

Seth and Finn are just thrashing them.

Good work!

- Sasha, Bayley, et al:
They're REALLY stretching Sasha/Bayley out. I guess they're looking to cap it off at Summerslam?

- Bayley/Sasha/Nia/Ember/Natalya vs. R. Squad/Alexa/Mickie:
I like this so far. Nice to see fresh faces and combinations.

Damn, Natalya. Alexa's going to go after her for being old and broken down next.

Nia as a face is fresh. I'm glad she's succeeding.

Um, Mickie. You sure you want to do that?

OK, Mickie brought that on herself.

- Post-match:
I'm glad Rousey doesn't have a Brock schedule, but I hope they're careful with how they use her. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment