Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 4/24/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- SD Live:
- MizTV:
I hope Miz can be a top name on Smackdown. He's been below main event level for quite a while, and has made the most of it.


I like Miz adding something new to his usual banter with Bryan, and painting himself as a babyface.

I like Cass taking this opportunity.

I don't blame Cass for wanting to get some spotlight! He's been gone a while!

Cass is looking like a big deal here.

That was really nice. I'm all for the new era of Cass.

- Backstage:
Damn. Bryan already getting thrashed.


- IIconics promo:
I like these two. I miss when they had separate identities, though.

That was fun.

- IIconics vs. Asuka/Becky: 
Good teamwork from the faces.

Billie and Peyton are getting shown up here.

Becky is really solid.

I mean, damn. This is one-sided.

Ehhhhh. OK enough to keep heat going, but Billie and Peyton already look at a lower level than their opponents two weeks after a solid debut segment. 

- AJ interview:
Luke and Karl are in trouble if Finn and AJ are ever out of the picture. They're really benefiting from their associations.

- Usos/Naomi: 
I'm liking the new direction from the Usos.  They turned face without losing their edge.

The tag team division is basically the highlight of Smackdown's booking these days.

- Jimmy Uso vs. Rowan: 
Both sides already going hard.

I love how these two sides work together.

Interesting use of Naomi.

Fun enough.

- Charlotte/Carmella:
I'm glad they're FINALLY pushing Carmella.

Good for Carmella to get to run with this.

I'm liking this.

Carmella just going all out. I love it.

Not bad at all!

- Orton/Hardy:
This could be an interesting feud given their histories.

- Benjamin vs. Orton:
I'm already liking this one.

These two work together well. I hope Shelton can reach new heights.

I'm glad Shelton is getting to show his veteran abilities.

Sunil is pulling double duty with his brother hurt.

Not bad at all!!

- New Day/Bar:
OK enough. They're killing time while the Bludgeon Bros and Usos fight for the title.

- SAnitY video:
It could be a while before these guys get to run wild. Smackdown is smart not to throw every new name on the show at once.

- Bryan backstage:
Good to set up his future, although it feels like we haven't seen him in action much since he's been cleared.

- Joe promo:
I hope the Samoan Submission Machine can be a top figure going forward.

- AJ/G. Bros vs. Nakamura/R. Day:
Shinsuke is doing well as a heel.

The members of that certain club in Japan are doing well together.

Nice to see the heels shine, too.

I'm liking the teamwork from the former faction mates.

Not bad to continue the angle.

- Post-match:
AJ really needs to scout that better.

Damn. The bald guys are loyal!

Not bad at all.

-- 205 Live:
-- Gauntlet match:
- Ali vs. TJP:
Ahhhh. I love the dab.

TJP is just ridiculously smooth.

This is solid. Both men working well.

NICE octopus.

I love TJP.

I'm impressed by both men.

TJP has some impressive submissions for a guy who can also fly around.

BADASS.

- Ali vs. Gulak:
This is NOT the guy you want to face with an injury.

Mustafa's putting up a fight.

This has some really good psychology.

Loving the submissions.

Gulak has somehow made me like him even more post-PowerPoints.

I'm loving the wounded underdog story.

BADASS ending. The new 205 Live is beautiful in the ring.

- Gulak vs. Nese:
Nese has some real fire here.

I'm impressed here.

Gulak has met his match!

Don't get cocky, Tony!

Yeah, Nese about to blow this.

NICE. It's a shame Gulak probably won't win.

- Gulak vs. Kalisto:
Gulak is kind of the babyface here. He's on his third opponent, and his last match was with someone cocky.

If Kalisto can't beat a guy who's been through this much, there's a problem.

I'm liking the story here.

Gulak giving it his best shot.

Pretty fun!

- Post-match:
Cedric is a goof. This match has no heat, but it should be solid.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment