Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2018

Masters of the Craft Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's HonorClub ROH event.

- Silas vs. Burger:
I like Burger being motivated. This doesn't have to be a foregone conclusion.

Burger's doing well here!

This is a good fight.

That was solid. Cheeseburger looked food in defeat.

- Burger/Bully/Flip:
This is terrible. GO AWAY.

Oh, joy. Bully took out two guys at once. I'm not that upset about Burger jobbing, but Flip has a future.

- Sumie/Tenille/Purrazzo vs. Rayne/J. Rose/Brandi:
Glad to see the WOH in action.

Good work between Rayne and Tenille. I hope ROH uses Rayne regularly if WWE won't.

I like all the teamwork here.

I like this one!

Uggggghhhhhh. Dive spot.

Not bad to continue to establish Sakai.

- Post-match:
Nice to have an actual feud here outside of the title.

Good work.

- SoCal/Taylor vs. H. Bucks/Flip:
I definitely prefer Flip being here instead of working with someone who retired in December.

Good of Daniels to put Flip over like that.

I like acknowledging Page and Kazarian's history.

Impressive work from the Bucks as always.

Nice use of Shane to change things up.

Nice work from Taylor.

What in the world am I watching here??????

There's good psychology here.

Flip is impressive.

This match has some really good injury.

The Young Bucks ALWAYS deliver at a high level. I can't praise their work ethic enough.

WOW. This is really heating up.

That was a really badass ending sequence. Nothing but praise for the workers here.

- Post-match:
Looks like Flip has earned the Bullet Club's respect.

- Briscoes vs. Fitchett/D. Vega:
WHO WOULD VOLUNTEER TO FACE THE BRISCOES????? Like, actually fight for a chance to get murdered like this?

I love a good squash match here and there.

Pretty solid. Mark and Jay aren't messing around.

- Lethal vs. Gresham:
I love the psychology here early.

Gresham is a man with a future.

There's good work here. Jay works well as the veteran training someone new.

I like the physicality here.

Both men are capitalizing on perceived weak points. I love it.

I'm liking this a lot.

This is really solid. PPV worthy.

They're really going at it!

Impressive. Gresham looked fine in defeat.

- Post-match:
Uggggghhhhhh. There was a storyline in the match, in a way.

Round 3 should be solid!

- Cody vs. Taven:
This is already physical.

This match WILL be one-on-one.

Taven's growing as a singles star.

I like this so far.

NICE use of a roll of quarters. That's VINTAGE.

Throwing a chair at someone's face is INSANE.

OUCH. They're going hard!

OUCCCHHHHHH that missed leg drop.

BAH GAWD an axe?????

Brandi with an axe was pretty funny.

WHAAAATTTTTTT. Kind of an odd ending, but they beat the hell out of each other for a while there.

-- Defy or Deny:
- Castle vs. Scurll vs. Punishment vs. Bruiser:
Castle really coming in with a disadvantage.

It's good to see Castle and Scurll fight again.

This is pretty solid so far.

I don't blame anyone for wanting Punishment out first.

I like the chaos here. Everyone's trying to get the advantage.

I really like Marty. He's someone to keep an eye on in the years to come.

I mean, wouldn't you WANT someone to get an elimination?

This is wild!

A lot of moving parts here.

Good use of the people at ringside.

Impressive dive from Martinez.

Good first stage!!

- Castle vs. Scurll vs. Punishment:
This is exciting!!

Good sprint for the second elimination.

- Castle vs. Scurll:
If there's anyone you don't want an injured hand against, it's Marty Scurll.

I like how these two work together.

Really solid ending. The whole match was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment