Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2018

Wrestlemania 34 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
- Carmella on the panel:
I'd unironically mark out for her cashing in. Charlotte and Asuka are great, but this is a big opportunity to make a heel.

- Andre battle royal:
The sooner Dolph is out, the better.

So much for Hawkins' streak ending, unless Braun's feeling generous.

I kind of miss Golden Truth...

Well so much for Goldust and Truth reuniting!

Nooooo Dolph survives again!

I liked Mojo tossing Ryder.

Good teamwork from Revival. Maybe they'll win as a duo after all!

Nice spot with Baron and Cara.

It's weird to see Kane thrown into this match at the last minute.

I'm impressed with Goldust here.

Ten vs. Delete was fun. I wish Tye was featured more.

Baron vs. Kane could be interesting.

I like the two past winners being in the final three.

Corbin and Mojo are an interesting pair.

I was wondering when we'd see Bray again!

Kind of weird that Matt won with Bray still in the ring, but I'm very glad Wyatt is going in a new direction.

- Cedric vs. Mustafa:
Nice start.

Good work here.

Both men with impressive athleticism.

This is heating up well!

WOOOOOWWW impressive Spanish Fly.

Nice spot getting his foot on the rope.

That was great for the time it had!

- Cena in the crowd:
Pretty funny.

- Women's battle royal:
This really could use a special name...

Nice use of Paige. 

Hahahahaha everyone hates Carmella I love it. I hope she cashes in.

Interesting NXT unity.

So much for an Absolution win.

I'm a little surprised to see Bayley and Sasha working together.

Bayley and Sasha are doing well!

Nice spot from Bayley.

Kind of surprised to see Naomi win, but I'm glad she's being honored.

-- Wrestlemania:
- Miz vs. Finn vs. Rollins:
I'm a little surprised Bo and Curtis aren't out here supporting their man, but maybe they'll run out and surprise us later.

Good start.

This is already exciting.

Balor and Rollins have amazing chemistry.

I loved the double blockbuster.

Imagine this ending with a Cobra Clutch.

I'm quite impressed with this one.

Lots of DIVES this weekend, but hopefully later matches don't have them.

I would have popped for Miz winning with that Figure Four.

This has been structured really well.

This is pretty great!

That buckle bomb always looks scary as hell.

Miz was SO close with that SCF!!

This is going really well.

I'm liking Seth and Finn trying to one-up each other.

No complaints there! One hell of a win.

- Charlotte vs. Asuka:
I'm already excited for this one.

Good physical work here.

I'm loving how these two work together.

OH MY GOD that moonsault counter.

AWESOME submission work. This is smooth as hell.

God DAMN Asuka is brutal.

This is great!

WOWWWWW that Spanish Fly. 

This is a hell of a fight. 

Absolutely incredible work.

Great, great match. No shame in that loss.

- Post-match:
Somehow I don't think that will happen between Nia and Alexa.

Is Asuka still part of Raw since she lost here?

- Cena goes backstage:
Interesting. Did they find Alberto? 

- Orton vs. Roode vs. Jinder vs. Rusev:
I'm SSSSOOOOOO glad Rusev is part of this.

Already seeing big moves here.

I'm liking this. It's quite smooth.

I like Orton, but I wouldn't mind a break from him. He's getting a little stale.

Nice counters here.

Ugggghhhhh..... not what I was hoping for. Smackdown needs some freshening up, and fast.

- Angle/Ronda vs. HHH/Stephanie:
This is basically a countdown until Stephanie taps.

It's great to see HHH and Angle facing off again.

Nice work so far.

I'm not surprised they structured the match this way given how new Ronda is to wrestling.

Imagine Angle winning without making the tag.

Oh how I've waited to see someone beat up Stephanie after so many times her character has cut people down without consequence.

Rousey's destroying her!

If Stephanie wins, we riot.

Hahaha HHH pulling Ronda out.

That German would have been sick.

OH SHIT RONDA STANDING UP TO HHH.

I'm liking this a lot. Ronda and Stephanie are game.

HHH vs. Angle brings back memories. Two amazing workers.

I'm loving all the counters.

HAHAHA Stephanie in the ankle lock. Glad to see it. 

Damn! Ronda is definitely delivering!

Stephanie looks pretty good in there, too.

AWESOME double submission spot.

This is put together really well. I'm surprised.

I LOVED the double Pedigree spot.

Absolutely awesome. Ronda and Stephanie exceeded expectations.

- Usos vs. B. Bros vs. Kofi/Big E:
I'm enjoying the former Wyatts.

JESUS what a powerbomb.

I'm surprised at the dominance here.

The Usos are incredibly smooth. Love their teamwork here.

OH MY GOD that counter to the double suicide dive.

I like the budding friendship/partnership between New Day and the Usos.

NICE ending sequence.

- Cena/Elias/Taker:
Hahahaha someone trolled Cena.

Glad Elias is doing this instead of feuding with Kid Rock.

HAHAHAHA Cena just going back to the crowd.

I'm glad Elias has a spotlight after his work lately.

Ohhh man. Sorry Elias. You did that to yourself. 

They certainly held off on Taker until the last possible moment.

FINALLY.

OK, it is pretty cool to see the special effects again.

- Cena vs. Taker:
Damn. Cena messed with the wrong legend.

They're going right through the big spots. I'm getting Brock/Goldberg flashbacks.

HOLY SHIT. Cena got destroyed by a retired guy!!

- Shane/Bryan vs. Zayn/Owens:
Nice touch for the fired guys to not get entrances.

Wow. Bryan's comeback is going to be short-lived if Kevin and Sami have their way.

Shane has some serious guts to stand up to two former NXT Champions while recovering from diverticulitis.

Not surprised Shane is holding his own here.

I like this physicality.

And now the handicap match comes into play.

I like the teamwork, especially on the midsection. I REALLY hope Shane is OK.

Owens doing Shane's punches was funny.

NICE Coast-to-Coast.

This is a lot of fun.

Good GOD that hot tag!!!!

Oh God how I've missed Daniel in the ring.

I'm loving seeing Bryan again.

OH WOW! A little surprised to see Bryan kick out.

Beautiful moment. Welcome back, Daniel!!

- Alexa vs. Nia:
Haha Mickie got her Wrestlemania moment, I guess.

So much for Bliss having backup here.

Alexa fighting for her life.

I like Alexa's vicious streak.

NICE Twisted Bliss.

Alexa's not backing down!

I'm surprised Bliss is putting up more of a fight than Cena.

That was really cool. Glad they got to have that match.

- AJ vs. Shinsuke:
I'm liking this so far.

Good feeling out process.

Fine match going on.

Good to see this heating up now.

Man. Shinsuke's got him covered.

NICE setup for the Calf Crusher.

Solid story being told.

WHOOOOOAAAAAAAA. I didn't expect AJ to win there.

- Post-match:
Glad for something fresh from Shinsuke after losing.

You know, if Nakamura would have done that earlier, he might be champion now!!


- Braun gets a partner:
HAHA WHAT????

I'm not sure if we're being pranked here or what.

Kind of funny, honestly.

- Bar vs. Braun/Nicholas:
I hope that kid can take bumps. I don't think Sheamus and Cesaro are going down without a fight.


I love The Bar's teamwork.

DAMN what a crossbody.

I'm dying laughing here. This feels like a joke or something that actually got approved.

OK that was actually really funny. I LOVE The Bar, but this was entertaining in its own way.

- Brock vs. Roman:
Damn. Brock is all on him.

Wow. This is pure energy.

I love Monster Lesnar.

LOTS of suplexes here.

This could break the record for the most finishers in a Mania main event.

OOOHHHHHHHHH that knee to counter the Superman Punch.

What, really? THREE F5s back to back and he's OK?

Roman might be leaving Mania in an ambulance after this.

HOLY SHIT. Like, there's putting someone over, and then there's kicking out of five F5s. Like, damn. This is overkill.

OH MY FUCKING GOD BROCK MAULED HIM.

This is scary looking.

WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I didn't see that one coming! Crazy, crazy night.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment