Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Raw Reax - 4/8/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Rollins/Kofi:
I'm very, very glad WWE took the title from Brock. It's time for something fresh.

I'm so fine with Brock and Heyman bailing, although I expect them back for June's Saudi Arabia show.

Whoa. Whoa. Didn't expect them on Raw.

Odd to put both champions on the same show. It's like they lack the patience to follow up Smackdown Live's stories on Tuesday.

Pretty cool moment for these guys.

Wow. They're definitely following up Mania big, huh?

Whooooooaaaaaa. I expect something big there.

- Hawkins/Ryder vs. Revival:
Can Hawkins and Ryder make it out of New York as champions?

If WrestleMania wasn't in New York(ish) this year, I have a feeling the streak would have continued.

Hahaha The Revival were outsmarted there. Good match.

- Corbin/Angle/Lars:
They did it. They actually did it.

Fine heel promo.

Hahahahaha good times.

NIIIIIIIICCCCEEEEE I've been waiting to see him again.

That was fun. Finn and Seth better watch out.

- Alexa vs. Bayley:
Alexa back in the title hunt.

Fun for the time it had.

- Becky/Lacey:
Great moment in the sun for Becky.

Hahahah Charlotte getting the tag title.

Well there's your answer for Becky's first challenger. I was hoping for Shayna Baszler, but there's always Smackdown Live.

I liked that. I'll be shocked if Lacey dethrones Becky, but we'll see what she's made of.

- Seth interview:
This could really be game-changing (if someone doesn't interfere).

Pretty good.

- Roode/Gable promo:
Looks like we're in for a heel turn.

- Roode/Gable vs. Ricochet/Aleister:
And it looks like we've still got some free agents. I love Ricochet and Aleister, but it's time for them to pick a show.

Good work so far.

Amazing work as always from Ricochet. I'm glad he's not stuck on 205 Live.

This is going well.

Amazing athleticism as usual.

That was a lot of fun.

- Post-match:
Yeah we're in for a new attitude from Roode and Gable after their losses.

- Elias backstage:
Ha. Basically telling us someone's going to interrupt him.

- Bray promo:
I can't determine if that was ridiculous or amazing.

- Lio/Lashley:
Wow they really moved on from losing the IC Title quick.

I mean Dean doesn't have to work here to protect his wife, right?

- Lashley vs. Dean:
Nice so far.

Pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a bigger sendoff, though.

- Zayn backstage:
It's been a LONG time since we've seen this guy.

- Mojo backstage:
Well that's an interesting direction.

- Zayn promo:
Ha. Sami can be pretty fun in his own way.

I'm glad they're not debuting NXT talent just for the sake of it. Maybe that's what they're doing next week with the Shakeup.

- Finn vs. Zayn:
Good so far.

Smooth work here.

Sami hasn't missed a beat!

Pretty good work. Glad to see Sami back.

- Post-match:
Wow, Sami. That's harsh. We're hurt!

Wow. Someone's venting some frustrations with this promo.

Hmmm. Interesting direction.

- Dana promo:
I expect a setup where Shayna or someone takes her spot. Unless WWE is convinced AEW or someone wants to use Brooke.

- Elias/Taker:
Honestly Elias' shtick is getting pretty stale.

Ohhhhh. Of all the more interesting people who could have interrupted him. I guess it's WrestleMania tradition, though.

I would actually mark out for Elias beating Taker. You know, new beginnings and all that.

- Kofi vs. Seth:
Good work so far.

Oh. Well. I guess they're starting brand switches a week early? I'm not sure what's going on here.

- Post-match:
Uh-oh. Looks like it's time for a STRAIGHT UP. TAG. TEAM. MATCH!!!!

Yeah, might as well right.

- Kofi/Seth vs. Bar:
Well this is a fun start.

I love The Bar's teamwork, but I wouldn't mind each man challenging for a world title.

I like what both sides are bringing here.

All men look credible in this one.

Ha. Glad to see the swing countered.

Pretty fun.

- Post-match:
We'll see how long the two babyface champions thing lasts.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment