Total Pageviews

Friday, April 5, 2019

Takeover: New York preview

Read on for my ideas for booking tonight's WWE Network special event.

- Dunne vs. WALTER:
This is definitely the right time to finally switch the NXT UK Title. I fully believe WALTER is capable of handling things from here. Dunne's ready for Raw or Smackdown Live, who need to be ready to incorporate some really talented superstars in the coming months.

- Raiders vs. Black/Ricochet:
With Aleister and Ricochet moving on, this one goes to the Raiders.

- Dream vs. Riddle:
I don't think it's time for Dream to lose the title yet, and him being NA Champion frees up others for the NXT Title picture.

- Shayna vs. Bianca vs. Kairi vs. Io:
My heart says Io but my head says Bianca. Io's talented enough to be a fixture without the title, whereas I think Bianca can really grow her character and get more ring/screen time with it. Shayna and Kairi move to separate brands. Honestly I like the idea of Shayna taking out Ronda on the Raw after WM35 to write her off and start Baszler's Raw career off right.

- Cole vs. Gargano:
While both names belong on Raw or Smackdown Live, obviously one man has to become champion. Cole takes it so Gargano can move up. I'm open to the idea of the other UE members getting a head start on another brand only for Cole to join them down the line. They could start with a KOR/Fish tag team after WM35, then Strong follows in a few months, and then Cole once the torch is passed to the next NXT Champion.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment