Total Pageviews

Monday, April 8, 2019

WrestleMania 35 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- New Day interview: 
That was pretty solid. Kofi's got a big opportunity here.

- Edge and Christian on the panel:
Interesting analysis of Kofi. That's definitely a popular take of why certain stars haven't been used more.

- Murphy vs. Nese:
Haha that cartwheel spot.

This is nice.

Pretty solid work here.

Pretty cool!

- Impractical Jokers:
Ugggggh I've seen enough celebrity involvement lately.

- Miz anaylsis:
Damn they're all over Miz here.

- Women's battle royal:
I mean I'm glad Candice got this opportunity, but it certainly didn't amount to anything.

Also I thought Ember was injured?? Is she holding off surgery?

Yeah going to the top rope in a battle royal is dangerous.

This one's pretty interesting.

Sarah Logan was a pretty surprising choice.

Mehhhhhhh. Mostly there.

- Batista analysis:
I like having Shawn weigh in on this one given his history with HHH.

HAHAHAHAHA that acknowledgement of HHH's reputation.

- Revival vs. Hawkins/Ryder:
Wow. Didn't expect this one on the Kickoff show.

I mean I didn't think Hawkins was going to be very successful.

I like this.

HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE!!! Boyhood dream, etc.

- Andre battle royal:
Good thing Che and Jost aren't looking like they can be at the level of WWE stars.

Damn. Some WrestleMania moments are pretty quick. We'll see if Shelton, Breeze, and the B-Team stick around when their contracts are up.

So much for Harper having a big return, huh?

It is cool to see some people together who don't normally work together.

I liked Andrade's German counter.

DAMN that Ali elimination was brutal.

Oh no Braun's dominating, so Che and Jost will probably toss him.

Ha. Great job eliminating yourself Andrade.

Braun's killing these guys.

YESSSSSSSS that's how you use non-wrestlers.

-- WrestleMania 35:
- Alexa/Hogan/Heyman:
OH MY GOD THAT SILVERDOME REFERENCE. Call back to the WM30 open.

Well that was pretty crazy.

WOW that's a way to change things around. I'm all for getting Heyman and Brock out of the way (and out of WWE).

- Brock vs. Seth:
Brock's not wasting any time.

Hmmm maybe this is just an angle since the bell hasn't rung.

Brock is pretty entertaining.

Seth's getting killed.

Very interesting. I'm curious how this ended up going first and Brock finally went down without too many bells and whistles.

- AJ vs. Orton:
Pretty good so far.

Hahahaha that Forearm fakeout.

I'm liking this!

Both men look good here.

Fun stuff!

- Lacey appearance:
Well it was going to happen at some point. I guess she's too important for the battle royal?

- Usos vs. Bar vs. Rusev/Shinsuke vs. Black/Ricochet:
Good work so far.

I'm liking The Bar's showing here.

Everyone getting to shine here. I like to see it.

Ricochet continues to amaze.

Pretty fun while it lasted. Nothing bad on the show so far.

- Miz vs. Shane:
Fun story so far.

Damn. Shane's got a mean streak.

This is crazy, but fun.

Oh my fucking God these Shane bumps. That golf cart segment was scary.

Shane's getting destroyed.

That superplex was absolutely scary. Just. Wow.

Hahaha fun ending.

- Paige on commentary:
This could be a new role for her.

- BHC vs. Beth/Natalya vs. Nia/Tamina vs. IIconics:
This is pretty fun so far.

Nice teamwork here.

Beth's very much still got it.

Wow. This is really good.

Nia, Tamina, Beth, and Natalya all look like credible challengers here. I like it.

Very impressed by all this teamwork.

Hahaha another clever heel ending. Everyone else carried the match, for sure.

- Bryan vs. Kofi:
I love how this angle's playing out.

OUCH that missed dive.

WOWWWWW smooth.

They're putting on a clinic.

I loved Bryan mocking the Yes chants.

There's awesome drama in this one.

Oh no. The extras are involved.

Jesus Bryan's making him earn it!

Really, really cool stuff.

- Post-match:
Amazing moment here.

Beautiful!

- Joe vs. Rey:
There's your answer for Rey being 100%. Hopefully a longer match is coming.

- Roman vs. Drew:
Good physicality.

Drew's a brave man.

Pretty good. I would have liked more from them.

- Elias/Cena:
Well that performance was interesting.

Hahahaha clever choice to play along with the crowd.

I was wondering what that video was about!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH self-aware Cena is the best.

"Cena can't cut a promo."

Pretty fun appearance.

- HHH vs. Batista:
Pretty fun entrances.

Well this is definitely hardcore.

Yeah don't wear a nose ring in a wrestling match. Ouch.

Fun for what it is.

I'm liking this!

Good use of Flair.

Pretty fun.

- Alexa et al:
Ehhh. This was just kind of there.

- Angle vs. Corbin:
I'm shocked this is really happening as advertised.

Angle playing the hits.

Hahaha of course he missed the moonsault. Angle blew it.

Honestly the only downer ending of the show for me.

- Post-match:
Cool moment. Obviously he deserved a better sendoff, but it is what it is.

- Lashley vs. Finn:
I love Lashley's power.

Damn. Lashley's impressive here.

Pretty badass, but it felt like they were crunched for time.

- Another Alexa segment:
Yeah they should have cut some of this for Lashley vs. Finn BUT you know "everyone gets on the card."

- Ronda vs. Charlotte vs. Becky:
Wowwwww. That Charlotte entrance.

Oh Ronda's not wasting any time!

This is intense. I like it.

I can't believe people think Charlotte doesn't deserve this spot.

I'm really enjoying this intensity.

This is BADASS. I loved the double armbar spot.

Hahahahaha Charlotte almost made a lot of people very unhappy with that pin.

Great drama here.

Really impressive stuff.

Everyone looks really good in this one.

Whoa I don't this needs a table.

See Ronda agrees! This isn't a tables match.

This is SOOOO good.

Ahhhhhhhh really good stuff. I hope this isn't the end of Ronda in WWE.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment