Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2019

Rebellion Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling special event.
- Petey vs. Jake vs. Eddie vs. Ace vs. Aiden vs. J. Crist:
Ahh yes the old Impact/ROH standby, multi-man clustermess to get more people on the card. Eddie deserves something more prominent. One of the Hit Squad goons is getting a singles match and he's thrown in this?

SICK cutter from Jake. Wow.

Pretty wild action to start the show. Impact does that well.

Ha. Didn't take long for someone to claim the Black Hole Slam.

I was hoping Ace would pin Petey to continue their feud. Hopefully Eddie moves on to something more important now.

- Impact Plus announcement:
Looks like this is GWN 2.0. Probably good to brand it as Impact now.

- Sami promo:
And there's your NXT jab of the night.

I look forward to this match. They've set up a good angle. Honestly, Sami could turn face here if they want him to.

- Scarlett vs. Rohit:
Yeah intergender matches aren't my thing, but I guess Rohit didn't want to end up like Eli.

Honestly Scarlett's not a bad wrestler, but I don't know if this needed to be on PPV.

Kind of goofy, honestly.

- Moose/North vs. Rascalz:
Yeah I expect this one to be all Moose and North.

Fun for a demolition derby.

I'm liking this.

Impressive landing from Dez.

This is pretty fun.

There's good contrast between these two sides.

Pretty good while it lasted. No upset here.

- Johnny/Taya interview:
They did a pretty good job with this.

- Taya vs. Grace:
Jordynne's got some awesome power.

It's weird to see Taya as the underdog!

I'm liking this.

Grace looks like a beast here.

Well that was a bit of surprise.

- Gail interview:
I really look forward to that one if Gail's still game.

- Swann vs. Sami:
Oh this is already wild.

Jesus. They're going pretty hard here.

AMAZING exploder spot holy shit.

Jesus this is intense.

I'm liking this a LOT. Pure chaos.

This is amazing.

They're going to kill each other!

Oh my God that ending was brutal. Swann earned that win.

- Blanchards interview:
I like Tessa's confidence.

I feel like Tully's going to cost Tessa the match or something for her disrespectful ways.

- Gail vs. Tessa:
Fine work so far.

Gail is still game.

This is nice!

I'm enjoying this a good deal.

Tessa almost had the countout win there.

Very evenly matched here.

Very impressive work here.

- Post-match:
Pretty cool moment here.

That was all nice.

- Johnny vs. Cage:
Interesting this isn't closing the show.

Oh I'm already loving this.

Jesus Christ that Spanish Fly.

Yeah this one might be academic at this point.

Ha. Cage is basically in a handicap match.

I like all the shenanigans here if they don't overdo it.

HOLY SHIT Taya learned a lesson there, I guess.

Hahhaa Bravo trying to screw Cage.

That was pretty fun.

- Post-match:HOLY SHIT that's a cool surprise.

Pretty impressive stuff.

- Slammiversary announcement:
Haha pretty clever to put it after G1 Climax in the same market, although it's also following Raw in Dallas the preceding Monday. It's worth a shot at increasing attendance, though.

- Bros vs. LAX:
Oh I'm already liking this.

Pure chaos here.

I'm impressed here.

Jesus Christ they killed Fenix.

Fun punch spot.

They're killing each other.

OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT FEAR FACTOR. That could have ended his career.

This is next-level.

They might all be injured after this one. Jesus.

Very, very wild match.

- Post-match:
Hmmm looks like this might be the end of the Lucha Bros in Impact?

Very cool ending to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment