Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2019

Road to Supercard: Baltimore Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Honor Club special event.
- RUSH vs. Williams:
RUSH is ready to be an important player.

I'm loving the intensity.

RUSH is one of few people in the wrestling business who actually looks like he wants to destroy his opponent and be hated.

This is really impressive.

Wow. Nice start to the show.

- Post-match:
I'm curious where Dalton goes if he loses at Supercard. Other than feuding with Taven again, it feels like he can only go down from where he is now.

- Delaney/C2C vs. 3S:
Impressive moves.

Not bad. I just wasn't really that invested in it, because it doesn't feel like any of these people matter. The athleticism was solid, however.

- Haskins vs. Silas:
I like how this match differs from the previous match.

This is good.

Glad to something like this after the hot movesfest.

The Lifeblood talents are definitely freshening up ROH.

Wow. These two work together well.

Ha. Clever ending.

- Post-match:
Man, this guy's got to get himself over every show, huh?

Juice sending Bully out of ROH would be a good moment to show ROH is focused on the future.

- Sumie/Rose vs. Stadtlander/Steelz vs. Ortiz/Rivera:
OK so far featuring a bunch of people I don't know.

Well Sakai is solid at least.

Fine enough to potentially establish some newbies. I guess we'll see some of them in a few months in another thrown-together match.

- Post-match:
I'm glad someone relevant is here.

Yeah it's going to be tough for WOH to excel if Mayu isn't champion.

- PCO/Brody vs. Briscoes:
Ahhhh this is fun.

I'm enjoying this.

Nice physicality.

They're going all out here.

Amazing what PCO does at his size and age.

That was a LOT of fun. I hope there's more between these two after Supercard.

- Post-match:
The Briscoes are where they are for a reason.

That was pretty badass.

- Kenny vs. Black:
Solid beginning.

Now things are heating up.

Impressive.

Both men look credible here.

Nice win for Kenny.

- Post-match:
I'd be fine with that!

- Scurll vs. Taylor:
I'm enjoying this. Both men have bright futures.

I like how these two work together.

Good story with Taylor's hand.

Oh Goddamnit I was hoping Taven wouldn't be on this show.

Taylor being inserted into the match would definitely change things up, but I wouldn't want that at Scurll's expense.

- Post-match:
Yeah I didn't think they'd change their main event this close to the show.

Eh. Maybe this leads to more Scurll vs. Taylor after Supercard.

- Lethal/Cobb vs. Bandido/Juice vs. TK/Vinny:
Please no Bully Ray. Please no Bully Ray. Please no Bully Ray.

I can't blame the Kingdom for letting their opponents do the dirty work!

Good start.

I can't help but think this would be better without the Kingdom.

This is pretty solid.

Bandido is amazing.

Bandido and Cobb together was AMAZING.

Nice ending.

- Post-match:
I'm really worried Taven's taking the title at Supercard.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment