Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Takeover: New York Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- UE promo:
These three are killing time in NXT. Sheesh.

They've had a lot of time to take the NXT Title and haven't done it.

- Million Dollar Challenge:
Yeah they couldn't have done this at AXXESS or something?

AJ willingly jobbing was kind of sad really. He games hard.

-- Takeover:New York:
- Raiders vs. Ricochet/Black:
Good start.

I like the power game.

I like how these names work together.

Good variety in this one.

HOLY SHIT RICOCHET'S FALLAWAY SLAM.

Fun flips between Hanson and Ricochet. I've done a 180 on enjoying that kind of thing.

Hanson's agility is really something. Vince won't know what to do with him either.

I'm VERY impressed with this one.

WOW that popup powerslam counter.

This is ridiculously smooth.

I like what both teams bring to the table.

That was kickass! Great work.

- Post-match:
Pretty cool. NXT definitely feels special.

- Dream vs. Riddle:
Pretty fun opening sequence. Keep an eye on Dream.

The athleticism on display in 2019 is unreal.

Riddle has an entertaining blend of styles.

Good work here.

Riddle's got the skills to be a player.

Imagine trying to get Riddle to tap out/pass out in a submission move.

I guess the GTS is available again with Hideo gone.

Nice story here. They're really smooth together.

Dream has a lot of athleticism to match his persona.

I'm very impressed with this one.

Really good work. Riddle looked fine in defeat.

- Post-match:
Pretty cool.

- Kushida signs:
I'm very curious how he'll translate. He's very talented, but WWE is a completely different animal.

- Dunne vs. WALTER:
I've been looking forward to this one.

Solid so far.

I see the hype for WALTER.

Dunne is really smooth. Hard to believe he's so young.

Dunne is game.

Good work so far.

JESUS what a double stomp.

WALTER's pretty brutal. I like it.

Very impressive superplex.

This is really strong!

I'm heavily impressed with this one.

That was amazing! Great work from both men.

- Shayna vs. Bianca vs. Io vs. Kairi:
I love the Sky Pirates' teamwork.

I'm impressed in the early going.

OK that hair Irish whip was hilarious.

Bianca's got a tremendous upside.

Everyone's doing great work here.

Everyone looks good in this one. I love when that happens.

Wow, Bianca's really made some enemies!

This is really great!

I love the Kairi/Io story here.

Bianca's strength is unreal.

OH MY GOD NO WAY!!!!!

Really good work. Hopefully Shayna moves up as champion.

- Cole vs. Gargano:
-- Fall One:
Nice work early.

I love the back and forth here.

That was pretty cool!

-- Fall Two:
I like Cole trying to get two straight with the same move. It worked the first time!

Very smooth work.

NICE Air Raid Crash spot.

I liked that fall, too!

-- Fall Three:
They're definitely making it look like both men can take it.

Talk about evenly matched!

Both men look game. These two could be tearing it up higher than NXT.

HAHAHAHA brilliant to use Ciampa's finisher.

This is pretty wild.

I was wondering when we'd see UE!

Damn, Gargano's about to beat four guys. I really hope he's not stuck in NXT another year just to close things out with Ciampa.

Holy shit no way!!!! I guess UE's moving on as a group. Can't say that's a bad idea.

- Post-match:
Whoa. Didn't expect to see him again so soon. Looks like this story will go on another year. I've loved it, but the point of NXT is to build people for Raw and Smackdown Live. Gargano's ready to move on. He can face Ciampa at WM36 or whatever.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment