Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 4/16/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- KO Show:
It's still crazy to see Owens as a face. I'm glad for it, though.

Just a matter of time before someone from Raw interrupts and demands a title match.

Haha at least Tyler Breeze got mentioned on TV!

Oh I'm all for this pairing.

Well this is a fun mix.

- Cesaro/Nakamura/Rusev:
Well that was a pretty casual combination. I guess Sheamus is busy.

- Finn vs. Ali:
Smooth work so far.

I like this.

This does feel fresh.

Just think, these two could be stuck on 205 Live.

That was pretty impressive!

- Post-match:
Pretty classy.

- Kofi/Xavier/Big O:
Really? After that weight loss they're going to make him eat more?

Do they not have pancakes in Canada? I refuse to believe this.

Yeah there's no replacing Big E at eating pancakes.

- Charlotte vs. Carmella:Nice. Carmella's improving.

This isn't bad at all!

Damn. Pretty dominant.

- Post-match:
Ouch. Truth got dominated.

- Becky et al:
I like Becky being willing to defend both titles at once.

I'm good with this. New people getting new opportunities!

Oh. Well. Ember got pushed aside pretty quickly, huh?

Well, BHC is officially dead...

Jesus. A lot of women in one segment, huh?

Are they going to unify all the women's titles???

Hahaha wow the interruptions keep going.

HAAAAAA of course Mandy and Sonya think Paige wants to guide them again.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH this should be a pretty fun team!

STRAIGHT UP TAG TEAM MATCHHHHH.

- Ember/Bayley/Asuka/Kairi vs. IIconics/Sonya/Mandy:
I do question putting three new women in one match.

Ahhhhhh I've been waiting so long for Kairi to hit the main roster.

I'm liking this.

YAY. Pretty cool.

- Hardys:
Yeah the Hardys have been a little left out in all this brand switch/callup excitement.

- Murphy promo:
Another nail in the 205 Live coffin. Probably time to transition that brand. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it being Superstars again come October.

- Xavier/Kofi/Big O vs. Rusev/Shinsuke/Cesaro:
Nice work so far.

Rusev and Shinsuke are growing on me as a team.

Hey, if Kofi can be WWE Champion, Rusev, Shinsuke, and Cesaro can be.

Nice work!

- Vince/Elias/Roman:
Hahahahaa got us. I was kind of hoping for Drew to be so honored again, but that high threshold hurt him in his first run.

A screwjob in Montreal you say?????

Imagine thinking Elias can replace AJ.

THERE we go. That's a big move.

Wow. Damn. Roman's not really in favor of Vince's announcement, huh?

Vintage Elias.

-- 205 Live:
- Nese promo:
We're definitely in for a different era with Buddy and Cedric gone.

Honestly the 205 Live roster is pretty thin now.

- Drake promo:
Drake needs to recruit some new names if this brand's going to continue.

- Metalik vs. Ariya vs. Kanellis vs. Tozawa:
Classic heel move to start.

I mean I guess the blander 205 Live names benefit from the stars getting drafted. To be clear, I enjoy most of the names remaining. There are only a few I think would be worth keeping if this show didn't exist, though.

OK, enough pessimism. This is enjoyable.

I like the heels breaking things up.

This is solid.

Ha. Mostly good.

- Oney promo:
I mean, damn. Oney can pretty much remake a brand this small.

- Cedric promo:
He definitely has a big opportunity. We'll see where it leads.

- Gulak vs. Humberto next week:
Should be good.

- Cedric vs. Oney:
Good start.

I like what Oney brings to the table.

I'm liking this.

This is heating up well!

They're telling a good story here.

I like this getting dirty.

Pretty solid!

- Post-match:
End of an era.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment