Total Pageviews

Monday, January 13, 2020

Honor Reigns Supreme Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's HonorClub event.
- Aldis/Latimer/Flip/Brody:
I'm all for more coming between these parties.

- Everett vs. Horus:
Nice start. I wouldn't mind Everett being a regular.

I'm very impressed with Horus here.

Wow. Both men are good here.

Seriously, use Everett more.

Solid match.

- Johnson/PJ/Castle/Jay:
Didn't expect to see Johnson here.

I'm all for ROH having character progression.

Hey that card change works for me.

- Briscoes vs. Castle/Hendry vs. PJ/Johnson:
Hahahahaha I did like Johnson being trounced.

This is growing on me story-wise.

Hendry's pretty fun.

Good action in this one.

That was good!

- Sumie vs. Savoy:
I really like Sumie having fire.

Glad to see urgency in this division.

I like the back and forth in this one.

They're REALLY going heavy on Sumie as a heel. Maybe that means The Allure are leaving.

Works for me.

- Post-match:
Well that was something.

- Draper vs. Danhausen:
Danhausen is indie as fuck.

This isn't good at all.

Thank God. Maybe that's the end of Danhausen.

- Bandido vs. Zayne:
Good to heat things back up after that last match.

Bandido looks really good here.

Wow. I'm impressed with both men.

I like the back and forth in this one.

Wow! I hope Zayne's sticking around after that shock win.

- Taylor promo:
I'm guessing this is a wOrKeD sHoOt and we'll see him again in February.

- Vincent/Bateman vs. Tracy/Haskins:
Not bad so far.

Vintage tag psychology here.

Lifeblood is heating this up.

Not bad from an action standpoint. Remember how working with Bully Ray was going to make Haskins a meaningful star?

- Post-match:
Not bad to establish the wacky horror faction. We'll see how it does.

- Lethal/Gresham/Cobb/Maff vs. Bouncers/2G1T:
Another goofy match.

Gresham and Young make a fun combination.

This isn't bad, but it doesn't feel very serious.

Yeah this is dragging things down.

Honestly kind of a weird combination of workers, and it's having mixed results.

Feels like it's just a matter of time before one team falls apart.

OK now things are heating up.

I would have been good with Maff's spear ending it.

That had its moments. The ending stretch was solid.

- Post-match:
Yeah this feels silly.

Now it looks like the Cobb/Maff team might implode.

- Rhett video:
Ehhhhhh. At least he got some character time, though. It's clear someone there likes him enough to keep using him.

- Bully/Manic:
I swear for every positive step an ROH show takes they do something that blatantly drags it down.

Yay another long Bully circlejerk.

Well at least not everything was about Bully this time.

- Flip vs. Flamita:
Good to see these two going all out after some of the other stuff on this show.

This is quite good!

WOW. Good win for Flip.

- Post-match:
WOW. Rude, Flip.

- PCO/Scurll/Brody vs. Rush/Dragon/Kenny:
I hope Marty's ready for fans to complain that he's putting himself in main events.

Good start.

OK, King vs. King is funny.

Good match going on. Everyone's getting some time.

I like the energy here.

I'm enjoying this.

Good story in this one.

I love the heat from LFI.

Nice firing up from the faces.

This is good!

They're going hard in this one. I appreciate it.

Very good ending stretch. Scurll booking himself to lose was wise.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment