Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 9, 2020

NXT Reax - 1/8/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT.
- Rhea/Toni/KLR/Io/Bianca/Candice:
Good choice to start the show.

Ooooh. I like the Rhea/Toni setup.

I like how many people want the title.

Hahhaaa this just keeps on going.

That was nice to set up the opening match.

- Rhea/Toni/Candice vs. KLR/Io/Bianca:
Good so far. Everyone's getting some time.

I like KLR's mean streak.

I haven't seen much of Kay Lee before now. I'm impressed.

Good tension here.

Haha Io still doesn't need friends, I see.

Not bad at all.

- Post-match:
Good to keep things going.

- Ciampa promo:
That was REALLY good. He's a heck of a character.

- Keith promo:
I like everyone getting mic time, even if it's this brief.

- Barthel/Aichner:
Again, simple and effective. Just tell us who you are and what matters to you.

- Blake/Cutler vs. Barthel/Aichner:
Both teams are smooth units working together effectively.

I like how this is going so far.

This is going well and has good physicality.

Good stuff. The Sons continue to be in the same position, but Imperium was good here.

- Riddle interview:
Yeah it does seem like an odd pairing, but it should be fun.

- Theory vs. Wilde:
Smooth cruiserweight action time.

Pretty good. They worked back and forth well.

- Priest promo:
I like Damian but I don't know what else there is to do with him.

- Fish/KOR vs. Wolfgang/M. Coffey:
I'm glad we're seeing NXT UK names here. It changes things up.

Fun opening stretch.

I like how these two teams interact.

This is smooth as expected.

Haha nice assist from Cole.

- Gargano/Finn:
I'm not crazy about the mentality of NXT being a full-time destination given how much these names are paid. They should be making money for the much bigger Raw and Smackdown shows USA and FOX are paying so much for!

I do like the story Johnny's telling of the changing of the NXT guard.

Should be a really good match.

- Grimes promo:
Kind of generic, honestly.

- Kushida partner announcement:
Oh wow! Didn't see that coming, though maybe I should have. Shelley's not under contract anywhere so he can work in multiple places. I wouldn't assume this is an outright signing as much as a few special appearances.

- Mia vs. Kayden:
I like the story here.

They're telling a good story.

Not bad at all.

- Post-match:
I was wondering when we'd finally see Stone. I wonder if Deonna's going to be part of this.

- Dijakovic promo:
Works for me.

- Ciampa promo:
This character has been really, really good.

- Battle royal next week:
I mean there are plenty of options.

- Lee vs. Priest vs. Dijakovic vs. Grimes:
Good start.

I liked the lifting spot.

There's good action in this one.

Lee's strength is unreal. There's a lot of potential there.

A lot of nice action here.

Everyone looks good in this one.

NICE double chokeslam spot.

Really good match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment