Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Saturday Night at Center Stage Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's HonorClub event.
- Lee vs. Everett:
Good start.

This is nice! I wouldn't mind seeing more of Everett.

They're out to get noticed here. I like it.

Very good stuff!

- Bully/Manic/Angelina/Leon:
Ahhhhhhh and here's what prevents ROH from being what they used to be.

The sooner this wraps up, the better, but I assume it's going through Supercard.

Oh what you thought Bully was going to let someone else get over?

I'd be fine with them dropping the WOH division. Especially since the champion's gone.

- Angelina/Leon vs. Sumie/Savoy:
Savoy's pretty solid.

This isn't bad, for the faces at least.

Yeah at this point just kill WOH.

- Post-match:
Eh. At least that match might be OK. Unless this was just a way to turn Sumie and won't be followed up on.

- Draper vs. Cade:
HOLY SHIT THAT POWERBOMB.

This is quite solid.

I liked that!

- Post-match:
Hey at least he has a gimmick.

- Gresham vs. Woods:
I like this style contrasting with some of the other stuff on the card.

I like Gresham having fire.

Good story in this one.

I'm really enjoying this.

That was a great ending!

- Briscoes vs. Cobb/Maff vs. Haskins/Tracy:
Solid tag work here.

I like the contrast from these names.

Everyone looks good here.

I'm enjoying this.

That was a solid match. Glad to see everyone shine.

- Danhausen segment:
It's silly things like this that make ROH look even more low rent.

- Taylor/Koff:
Wow. Cool to see Koff.

Interesting story. Taylor's either getting a big push or he's out.

- Scurll promo:
Wow. Impromptu title match before a scheduled title match on the next show.

- Scurll/Brody/Flip vs. Bandido/Flamita/Horus:
More good work. I am liking ROH not doing three or four shows in a row anymore. This is fresher when it's more spread out.

Another case of multiple talents getting to shine.

This is a fun combination of styles.

They're really delivering here.

Everyone in this one looks good.

Either team would look believable after this one.

Whoa. Surprise title change should get people talking! I wonder what PCO thinks of his teammates losing his title.

- PCO vs. Rush:
I'm enjoying this. Both men go hard.

This is a pretty fun mix.

Uh-oh. Ref bump.

I like the big battle breaking out.

Pretty good ending to protect Rush and potentially set up a third match.

- Post-match:
WOWWWWWW I didn't expect to see him back!!

OK ROH you have my attention after this show. Looks like they do want to change things up. That's good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment