Total Pageviews

Monday, January 27, 2020

Royal Rumble Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- Natalya on the panel:
I do like her confidence. She's a good veteran presence.

- Bayley interview:
Ah this is a refreshing side of Bayley.

- Sheamus vs. Shorty:
I like this story.

This has been good.

I love that Shorty has options and isn't losing in three minutes.

That was good!

- Andrade vs. Humberto:
Another good story.

I like each man's gameplan here.

Pretty smooth back and forth.

Good win for the champion.

- Truth on the panel:
Good times.

- Flair promo:
More good confidence.

- Kofi interview:
I love them pushing that no one knows their number.

-- Royal Rumble:
- Opening video:
That was good!

- Reigns vs. Corbin:
HAHAHAHAH I loved that start.

I love when matches spill out of the ring to this degree.

It's fun to see how many announce tables can be utilized now.

There's good action here.

Cool to see that many extras involved.

Uggggh. I could have done without the Portapotty spot.

I did like the dugouts use though!

That was a really cool ending.

- Owens/Joe:
I like that Owens wants to eliminate Seth on his way to winning.

- Mandy/Sonya:
I am so ready for Deville to turn on her.

- Women's Rumble match:
-- No. 1:
Well I don't expect her to win! It's surprising she's out of the title pictures these days.

-- No. 2:
Glad to see her get this opportunity.

Fun work.

-- No. 3:
Definitely didn't call that appearance happening!

That was fun. The Rumble can be enjoyable for stuff like this.

-- No. 4:
Ha. Good timing for Alexa.

This is heating up!

-- No. 5:
Oh no. At least she's out here early. Maybe Liv will make a quick elimination.

-- No. 6:
NICE! Very glad to see her on this stage.

-- No. 7:
Best choice for first elimination.

Hahaha glad both Liv and Lana are out.

-- No. 8:
I liked Cross' fire there.

-- No. 9:
Honestly it's time for her to move to Raw or Smackdown. She's really ready.

HAHAHAHA I loved Otis there.

-- No. 10:
Wow. Disappointed to see Mercedes out so soon.

-- No. 11:
Glad she's back!

The ring's filling up.

-- No. 12:
Yeah a lot of NXT talent in this one.

OK Alexa saving herself with Bianca's hair was hilarious.

Otis the MVP.

Oh well... glad they're saving the presumably incoming Sonya turn for when it can be more meaningful.

-- No. 13:
Honestly I think we're seeing some future victims called out at this point rather than serious contenders.

Kind of wanted to see more from Candice.

-- No. 14:
I liked the Belair/Tamina spot. It might be time to call Bianca up, too.

-- No. 15:
Pretty cool! A lot of NXT involvement.

-- No. 16:
Wow so much for her push.

Bianca and Alexa have lasted a long time. I like them facing off again.

Fun hair use.

-- No. 17:
Bianca's having a big night.

-- No. 18:
VERY glad to see her again.

Naomi working with or against Bianca can be fun.

-- No. 19:
NICEEEEEE.

OK this is really heating up.

-- No. 20:
Another name that can contribute on a bigger stage.

This is going well.

-- No. 21:
Kind of a surprise to see her.

Yeah I didn't miss the stinkface.

-- No. 22:
I'm curious how prominent she'll be here.

I liked Flair dropping Kelly.

-- No. 23:
Haha. I like the teamwork.

-- No. 24:
Kind of surprised she got this spot other than it being a point for international representation. It is good to see her again, though.

-- No. 25:
I'm enjoying Vega in here.

WHY DID NAOMI HELP CHARLOTTE?????

-- No. 26:
OK yeah now they're just giving anyone a spot.

Wowwwww nice spot with Naomi.

-- No. 27:
Nice to see what Carmella is capable of.

This is going well.

-- No. 28:
So if an NXT name wins do they challenge for NXT's title??

-- No. 29:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Stupid, but in a funny way.

-- No. 30:
YESSSSSSSSSS

Ahhh good to see Shayna dominate.

A fun stretch of eliminations.

Shayna vs. Flair can be a lot of fun.

Ehhhhhh I definitely wanted Shayna to win, but maybe this puts a target on Charlotte's back.

- Post-match:
Oh God we're getting Charlotte vs. Becky at Mania aren't we?

- Bayley vs. Lacey:
NICE fire from Lacey.

I like this story so far.

This isn't bad at all.

Haha I love the heel antics with Summer.

NICE ending. I'm liking heel Bayley.

- Fiend vs. Bryan:
I love the physicality here. This match isn't about 450 splashes.

This is brutal! I love it.

Yeah that strap is no joke.

This is good! They're using the gimmick well.

Bryan's going in on Bray here.

Heck Bryan might just do it!

HOLY SHIT that knee counter!!

This is really, really badass.

Good submission spot.

I enjoyed that a lot.

- Becky vs. Asuka:
NICE Disarmher spot.

This is good. Both women can go.

They're telling a great story here.

I did like the viciousness of the kicks. That was badass.

These two work together really ell.

Haha that was a good mist spot.

Very good work, but I'm really worried we're getting Charlotte vs. Becky again. That's been done to death.

- Profits promo:
Good enough.

- No Lashley or Rusev:
Interesting.... I'm curious what the followup to that will be.

- Men's Rumble:
-- No. 1:
Not gonna lie I look forward to some Brock dominance.

-- No. 2:
GREAT first act of destruction. Brock's going to go on a tear.

-- No. 3:
WOW. I wonder what this means for his push.

-- No. 4:
Hahahah I love this!

-- No. 5:
WOWWWWW the dominance is going to continue.

-- No. 6:
Talk about deja vu!

-- No. 7:
It's just a Brock victimfest, huh? Works for me.

-- No. 8:
Good strategy here.

Christ. This is a massacre.

-- No. 9:
This could be a short Rumble!

-- No. 10:
OK that's a nice change of pace.

This is entertaining!

-- No. 11:
I wish I would have watched live because I'm sure there's a lot of rage going on with this booking.

-- No. 12:
Very glad to see him pop back up!

Oh wow! He made it to the next entrant!

-- No. 13:
OOOOOOHHHHH this could be fun.

Very cool to see Lee vs. Lesnar. I'd love to see Walter, too.

-- No. 14:
Now things are heating up!

I love all this hoss action.

It honestly would have been really funny if Brock eliminated himself.

-- No. 15:
Ricochet also getting mauled.

-- No. 16:
That was badass!!!!! Big moment for Drew and Ricochet.

This has really been different from the usual Rumble. I like it.

-- No. 17:
I like that Brock isn't heading off.

-- No. 18:
This is a really good contrast with most Rumble matches. It's nice and fresh.

-- No. 19:
Kind of wanted to see Dolph get Brocked.

Interesting combination with AJ and Dolph.

-- No. 20:
This is a lot of fun.

-- No. 21:
OH MY GODDDDDDDD THIS IS SURREAL

Really, really cool moment here.

Cool to see Edge work with Ziggler again after their feud.

-- No. 22:
Corbin eliminating Edge would be hilarious.

-- No. 23:
Pretty cool. We didn't get Brock vs. Riddle, though, sadly.

-- No. 24:
More fun work.

-- No. 25:
I LOVED the Rated RKO reunion. Very glad to see this happening.

Haha Edge and Orton vs. OC could be coming.

-- No. 26:
Move over everyone here's your winner BELIEVE THAT.

Nice. Ziggler's suffering continues.

-- No. 27:
Another name who would be a fun winner.

I liked his big sprint of moves.

-- No. 28:
This is nice! I'm invested in the outcome.

-- No. 29:
I look forward to seeing what this means for Owens.

This is solid.

-- No. 30:
I love Seth having his army with him.

This is cool.

Everyone's solid here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH Seth being saved by AOP.

Fun spot leading to the brawl backstage.

Hahaha Seth wanting to team with Roman.

I LOVE the Edge/Orton story.

Edge one-upping Orton as a heel was great.

Shit we might actually see Edge win.

Ahhhhh so much for that.

That was a hell of an ending to a really, really good match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment