Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Raw Reax - 5/4/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- VIP Lounge:
This is a pretty interesting mix of wrestlers.

Yeah Nia's going to take the elevator.

Well that was interesting! Each character here felt distinct, which is a plus.

- Gauntlet match:
-- Lashley vs. Titus:
Good quick win for Lashley.

-- Lashley vs. Akira:
Oh I like this formula.

-- Lashley vs. Shelton:
This was a nice sprint! I'm glad Shelton wasn't cut.

-- Lashley vs. Humberto:
Also we're seeing a lot of gauntlet matches in the Heyman Era.

I like this story. Lashley's a beast, but is on his fourth opponent against the fresh, agile Carrillo.

Didn't expect a DQ loss but obviously that protects Lashley.

Lashley didn't take the loss well!

-- Humberto vs. Garza:
I continue to enjoy Garza.

Fun lucha action to contrast with what Lashley brought to the table.

Fun work.

-- Humberto vs. Theory:
This is good.

Ha. Classic finish.

-- Humberto vs. AJ:
Why does this setup seem familiar??? I guess Undertaker's going to qualify for MITB.

Nice work here.

Both men look good.

I liked that ending stretch!

- Post-match:
AJ's ticked off his friends aren't around anymore.

So wait where IS Undertaker??

I swear to God if AEW did a spot of someone "going off a skyscraper" their fans would say it's the coolest thing ever.

I continue to like the unique MITB.

- Rollins interview:
I love how Seth's framing this.

Seth is a great character right now.

- MVP/Thorne/Vink:
MVP's a great voice for hype.

- Ricochet/Cedric vs. Thorne/Vink:
I'm hoping Smackdown puts together an NXT duo next, especially with the Usos on the shelf now.

Smooth, flashy work from Ricochet and Cedric.

Good upset to keep things going.

- Profits promo:
That was really good!

- Profits vs. Raiders:
I like how this rivalry has been built and how they work together.

Good mesh of styles.

This is pretty good.

They clearly know each other well!

Very good to set up a title match either side could win.

- McIntyre interview:
That line about Murphy's name was great. I'm glad Drew and Seth still have two names!

More good stuff.

- Raiders interview:
Very good!

- Black promo:
I really liked that. I wouldn't mind him taking the briefcase.

- Rey promo:
I really love that even in his storied career, he's never had a match like this.

Good veteran promo.

- Flair/Liv:
Charlotte really carries herself like a franchise player. She's good.

Ugh. Liv.

Oh yeah because I'm sure Ric Flair was a stay-at-home dad.

I liked that well enough. Charlotte embracing the criticisms of her was great.

- Flair vs. Liv:
Good to elevate Morgan.

This is impressive! Liv's growing on me.

Liv really likes Codebreakers, huh?

Good win!

- McIntyre vs. Murphy:
Good physicality here.

Good to see Murphy in a singles match with the WWE Champion. Brock would have beaten him in two minutes.

This is good!

Ahahahah I liked Murphy's failed Claymore.

- Post-match:
I love delusional Seth. I'm actually getting Bray Wyatt vibes as far as coming apart at the seams after losing.

Good work to close the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment