Total Pageviews

Monday, May 4, 2020

Rock wins award, new Network episode, Interviews with Sheamus/Cody/Miz/McIntyre, Bullet Club sale, Cena visits ill fan, Naomi magazine cover, former WWE name on HGTV, Owens update, and Questions on Russo returning to WWE, WWE's Mt. Rushmore, WWE being for sale, and Miz preferring to be a singles star

The Rock won a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actor.

WWE Chronicle with Shayna Baszler will debut May 9.

Sheamus appeared on a wrestling and whiskey podcast.

Pro Wrestling Tees is holding a "Bullet Club Day" sale for 20% off merchandise for all current and former members of that faction.

Cody spoke to Tony Schiavone in a live interview for AEW. Good to get content out digitally during the quarantine.

The Miz appeared on "Pardon My Take."

John Cena visited a seriously ill young fan. Great to see.

Naomi is on the cover of Suavv Magazine's winter issue.

The former Kevin Thorn/Mordecai is on HGTV's "House in a Hurry." Interesting life direction change, but if it's something that works out better for him than wrestling in 2020, more power to him.

Kevin Owens expects to miss a few weeks due to his ankle injury. So hopefully he's in the mix for Summerslam.

Drew McIntyre spoke before Raw.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I really, really don't see him working with Russo again. Even if they did want to work with Russo, I would be shocked to see Russo fit in the 2020 WWE environment. The workload is much worse than it was when Russo left many years ago. I don't see Russo lasting in that environment so many years after he was in a creative capacity.

2. I don't expect I'll answer them, since I very much want this to be a wrestling blog exclusively.

3. I think I'd put Bruno Sammartino and at least one of the earlier McMahons there if we're not just looking at the post-WrestleMania eras, for building the foundation of the company Vince would inherit. Obviously some of the later wrestlers were huge drivers of revenue, and I'd almost certainly keep Hogan for that reason, but I don't know that I'd put Cena there before Bruno. The company was already very well established by the time he came along.

4. I really don't see Disney, FOX, or anyone making that massive of an investment during the coronavirus pandemic, and I haven't seen anyone credible make the claim WWE is for sale. The WWE library? Maybe, but that wouldn't come cheap either and it's telling WWE Network changes were put on hold when COVID-19 hit.

5. Miz knows his role and is probably fine with the current teaming. It certainly looks like he's having a lot of fun being back with his old Dirt Sheet partner.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment