Total Pageviews

Monday, June 15, 2020

Backlash Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- Panel discusses Nia vs. Asuka:
Wow they're acknowledging Jax's reputation, huh?

YIKES JBL defending recklessness. The goal is to NOT get hurt or hurt anyone else.

- Flair/Christian interview:
I liked that.

I REALLY liked the comparison of one man earning things and the other never having to work for anything.

- Crews vs. Andrade:
Good start.

I like this, but we're right back to moves into the turnbuckles.

They work together well.

Ha. Nice counter to Angel.

Nice ending.

- Sheamus interview:
I really like this side of Sheamus.

HAHHAHAA the line about the wagon.

-- Backlash:
- Sasha/Bayley interview:
I love how they play off each other as heels.

- Sasha/Bayley vs. Alexa/Cross vs. IIconics:
Good energy at the start with everyone involved.

I liked the Billie/Bayley spot. Both heels but not on the same page.

Good to see the IIconics have more of an edge to them.

Ha. Fun ending to keep things going.

- Sheamus vs. Jeff:
You know I really didn't see this match starting with a lockup.

This really should be a no DQ match.

Mostly solid work though it doesn't feel like a heated grudge match.

I would have bought the Swanton ending it. Would have been good, too.

HAHHAAH nice that the parkour didn't pay off for Jeff. I'm guessing Sheamus will say something about him bring a thrillseeker and such.

Pretty good match. Glad Sheamus won. He needs the credibility boost more.

- Miz/JoMo/Otis/Mandy:
Not going to like Miz and Morrison being co-champions would be fun. Maybe for the IC Title.

I wouldn't be totally shocked by the heels winning and Otis cashing in. Not that it would be a good move.

- Asuka vs. Nia:
I like this dynamic.

Nice story of submissions and strikes vs. size and power.

Solid for this style of match.

I'm liking Face Asuka who keeps her heel antics.

That was pretty cool.

- Post-match:
This will clearly continue next month.

- MVP/Lana:
I wonder what Heyman's plan was for this. There's intrigue involved. Heck we could see Lana and Liv together again.

- Miz/JoMo:
Meh. Let's get this over with before they try any more "comedy."

- Braun vs. Miz/JoMo:
Nice strategy here.

It's tough to be the heels against someone this big.

I continue to think this feels more like an IC Title feud.

I liked that doubleteam SCF.

And there's why they did the either man who gets the pin is champion stipulation.

Fun for what it was, though I wasn't crazy about the Miz/JoMo breakup tease. It's worth a shot, I guess.

- AJ interview:
Wow they're really doing a lot of "the greatest" lately.

- Drew vs. Lashley:
I LOVED that intro. Vintage Heyman.

Good back and forth here.

MVP has been a great addition to Raw.

I like this physicality. Sheamus vs. Jeff needed more of this.

I'm enjoying the power of Lashley.

Good Alabama Slam spot. Drew had to work for it.

AHHHHH I loved the Claymore counter.

Whaaaaatttttt Lana unsurprisingly bringing things down.

- Raiders/Profits/Akira:
This is silly, but maybe it means a blowoff to their angle.

Wow yeah they're REALLY going hard in the silly direction.

Say whaaaaaaaaat. This is ummm.... this is something.

Is this what younger fans want? Very goofy.

- Edge vs. Orton:
More than a little weird using that Finkel intro.

I liked the third arm drag not working. It's taken for granted that it will.

I like them making each move matter.

Can't say I'm too surprised blood is involved in the greatest match ever.

I liked the crossface spot.

And the RKO counter.

Pretty good work without needing big moves.

I'm liking this. It's like a chess match instead of a demolition derby.

This is heating up pretty well.

I like how they're scouting each other here.

I love them doing their friends' finishers.

This is good all around.

Hahhaa glad Orton cheated, suckering Edge in with the promise of a clean match.

That was the right ending.

- Post-match:
Can't help but think they're separating again rather than going right to the Extreme Rules match. It's clear this feud has been spaced out (potentially to the detriment of ratings).

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment