Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Friday Night Smackdown Reax - 6/5/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Friday Night Smackdown.
- Jeff/Sheamus:
This is being treated appropriately seriously. I can definitely see people reacting negatively because they want wrestling to be an escape from heavy subjects.

Yeah this is pretty heavy.

Sheamus about to tell us about being Straight Edge.

Pretty good.

- Otis/Mandy/Corbin:
Wow Corbin was pretty irresponsible to leave that out where someone could take it.

Natural setup for a match.

- Corbin vs. Otis:
Fine to establish Otis.

- Post-match:
They're committed to making Otis a contender.

- Miz/JoMo/Braun:
Oh no we're going the silly pranks route.

- Shorty/Mojo/Cesaro/Shinsuke:
There's your answer of whether Mojo is staying on this brand.

Looks like we've got a new random faction.

And a six-man tag setup. Also kind of randomly.

- Sonya/Mandy:
I don't see that ending well for Sonya. She already has a match to focus on and she's attacking people backstage!?

- Sonya vs. Lacey:
Good so far.

I like Sonya's aggression.

Interesting ref situation.

This is solid enough.

That was a good ending!

- Riddle video:
I'm very curious how this run is going to go.

- Braun/Miz/JoMo:
This is outright bad, and the kind of thing that makes fans embarrassed to watch WWE.

- Bryan/AJ:
I like this format and the importance being put on the title.

Renee's good in this role.

Good contrast between these two.

Nice shots at Gulak.

NICE to establish Drew.

- AJ vs. Gulak:
I like how they work together.

Impressive win! Good to see them build Gulak.

- More Miz/JoMo:
That one was actually decent.

- Shorty/Kofi/Big E vs. Mojo/Cesaro/Shinsuke:
Good action to start.

I like the energy here.

I'm glad to see Shorty get ring time.

Everyone's getting some time to shine here.

Good ending.

- More Miz/JoMo/Braun:
Frankly this feels more like an IC Title feud than Bryan vs. AJ with the goofiness involved.

- Alexa/Nikki vs. Bayley/Sasha:
I like the physicality here. It's clearly personal.

This is pretty good so far.

I like the action here.

Everyone looks solid in this one.

I liked Bayley doing the Banks Statement.

Impressive ending! I'm curious what this means overall.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment