Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Raw Reax - 6/8/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Sasha/Bayley/Asuka/Flair/IIconics:
Wow. It didn't take them long to take advantage of the champions' ability to cross over. Though seemingly others can cross over now, too.

Charlotte is EVERYWHERE.

I like there being multiple credible teams here.

Hahaha I like Sasha and Bayley rubbing in Charlotte's failure.

I like what that set up.

- Asuka/Flair vs. Sasha/Bayley vs. IIconics:
Not a bad start.

Pretty solid so far.

Nice to see Widow's Peak used again.

Good ending to presumably set up Charlotte vs. Asuka.

- Post-match:
Ahhhh Asuka beating the woman she hasn't beaten before is a good move to establish her as champion.

- Seth/Rey/Aleister:
Hahaha I like Seth wanting to be involved to rub things in.

I'm enjoying how this is being built.

I'm excited for the next steps of this.

BADASS interference from Black.

- Black/Humberto vs. Buddy/Theory:
Good work from young hungry athletes.

Pretty fun while it lasted.

- Post-match:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love Seth's faction. I miss AOP, though.

- Orton interview:
I really like this side of Orton. He's needed direction for a long time.

- Peep Show:
Very cool to see this reunion in these circumstances.

WOW. Someone's mad they're not getting a comeback.

I really love the selling of being out of the game that long.

Wow Christian bringing up Edge's mom.

The shoot name stuff is still bad. Instantly takes me out of the moment.

I enjoyed the pep talk.

Interesting sell.

- MVP/Truth/Lashley:
I like the selling of Lashley as a beast.

Based! Lashley's finally showing what he's capable of.

- Decathlon:
Silly but they continue to deliver. I just hope they quit before running this into the ground (see: Broken Matt Hardy, the bubbly).

OK I loved Ford not wanting to swordfight.

WOW. That dance off holy shit.

I guess this will be settled Sunday?

- Andrade vs. Garza vs. Owens:
The story continues to be that challengers have to earn their title matches. Good to see.

Hahahah I like Owens not accepting his fate.

I like the tension between Andrade and Angel.

I'm enjoying this story.

I liked the headlock counter by KO.

Owens is going against the odds here!

This has been laid out really well.

Ha! Nice ending.

- Flair/Asuka:
OK enough.

- Andrade/Garza/Vega:
I'm enjoying how this is playing out.

- Angle interview:
WWE is doing a really good job setting the stage for Edge vs. Orton. This doesn't feel like a throwaway rematch.

- Raiders/McIntyre:
I really like this combination.

- VIP Lounge:
I loved Drew thinking that intro was for him.

They're doing a great job selling finishers.

I really like this side of Drew.

- Post-match:
Pretty cool!

- Lashley/MVP vs. Raiders:
Good work in the early going.

Good tag work here.

I'm interested what's next for Lana. That's a first, I think.

Pretty good!

- Post-match:
I LOVED that sell of Lashley.

- Asuka vs. Flair:
I love the level of technical prowess here.

And just as I say that things get more aggressive.

They work together well.

I love what we're seeing from the tag teams. WWE is bringing back the "anything can happen at any time" vibe after far too long of the shows feeling like sterile sequences of unrelated events.

Very solid work here.

Hahhahaha I like Flair being able to keep her winning streak vs. Asuka alive.

- Post-match:
Nice final sell for Backlash. We'll see if having this end the show kept the audience up.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment