Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Raw Reax - 6/29/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Contract signing:
That's definitely a contrast to starting with a long promo.

Wow whoever's in charge of Raw really needed to time things so something crazy wouldn't happen before they were on the air!

I like them making Dolph seem as credible as someone who loses so many important matches as he does can be.

I like the contrast between the guy who was fired and came back vs. the guy who's put in many years of service. That could easily be switched roles as far as heel and babyface are concerned.

Haha those shots at Dolph being a B+ Player.

DAMN. Drew acknowledging no one expects Dolph to win. Drew letting him pick the stipulation came across as arrogant, though, and... wait... why isn't the stipulation actually in the contract? That seems pretty important.

Strong promo from Sasha. I like the acknowledgement of her changing.

That was all well done.

- Angel/Andrade/Vega/Show/Flair/Raiders:
I love Garza's character.

Nice build for another guy who will lose and disappear like Dolph.

There's absolutely history between Flair and Big Show.

Ric's been great as Orton's mouthpiece.

I like how one segment is leading to another instead of everything feeling isolated.

- Andrade/Angel vs. Raiders:
This is definitely an interesting cast of characters. I like that.

I'm enjoying the Raiders' teamwork.

Good story with Andrade and Angel being a talented team that can't stay on the same page.

NICE! I'm pleasantly surprised they won.

- Ruby/IIconics:
And now we're back to what the IIconics kind of ran into the ground.

Not a bad reboot for Ruby.

- Vega/Flair:
Again, great to see this fit together instead of everyone being in their own isolated segments.

- Akira vs. Truth:
Ha. Vintage 24/7 shenanigans.

- Post-match:
Oh yeah, I expect at least one ninja will end up with the belt.

- MVP/Lashley:
I like Lashley also being insulted by Crews not joining.

- Seth/Murphy/Rey/Dominick/Black/Humberto:
Good intrigue.

I loved the line about Rey not seeing clearly.

I LOVE the direction Seth's character is taking.

I'm very interested in where this goes.

It definitely feels like we're getting more angles than matches in the post-Heyman era.

Good words from Rey's friends. I like how he's been built as a mentor.

- Seth/Murphy vs. Black/Humberto:
Seth is really good as a face and a heel.

Good work early. Everyone's clearly defined.

This is pretty solid.

I liked that ending.

- Post-match:
Seth is absolutely obsessed with Rey. This is great.

- Drew/Asuka:
Fun pairing. I like it.

- Ruby/Lana:
NOOOOOO. I mean, it makes sense for Lana to be here and all, but, man. Lana's really overstayed her welcome.

Hmmmmm interesting direction.

- Ruby vs. Royce:
Not bad for the time it had.

- Show interview:
VERY good history lesson. I love that they're not acting like these guys haven't known each other a long time. Oftentimes WWE doesn't like to go deep into continuity like that.

- Show vs. Andrade/Garza:
We know where this is going, but Andrade and Angel are doing really good work with it.

Haha this is something.

I swear I feel like I'm watching Raw from 15 years ago.

Well you know at least he didn't demolish two people clean.

- Post-match:
Wow. Andrade's getting bodied.

- Cedric/Ricochet/Crews/Truth:
Really? No one tried to win?

- MVP/Crews:
MVP has been amazing.

Good contrast between them.

- MVP vs. Crews:
Nice teamwork!

Pretty good. I'm ready for the title match.

- Post-match:
I love how they sell his submission.

- Lashley vs. Ricochet:
This is badass. I love the yin and yang.

Great way to show what both men are best at.

That was pretty solid.

- Dolph/Sasha/Bayley:
I like them not being best of friends with Dolph just because they have common goals.

- Drew/Asuka vs. Dolph/Sasha:
I like how this all fits together.

Everyone's delivering in this one.

Good chemistry between Sasha and Asuka.

That was a really smooth ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment