Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Raw Reax - 6/22/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Drew/Dolph:
Wow that's certainly a change for Dolph. He needed it.

Ahhhh. I was wondering what Raw got out of that. Nice closing of the plot hole.

Great nods to their past.

Sounds fair!

Very good. No GM needed.

- Nia entrance:
Good! Nice tease to go to break.

- Nia/Truth/Akira/Charlotte:
Hahahaha Truth is going to get thrashed here.

I mean at some point the "your dad's Ric Flair" thing gets a little old as a diss.

Worked for me!

- Profits/Raiders:
Also fine. We'll see if the silliness is over from these names.

- Profits vs. Raiders:
Good beginning.

I liked the Profits stealing the finisher.

Funny cartwheel spot.

Nice ending sequence. Ivar trying to be the Profits cost him.

- Post-match:
NICE!!!! I like how that all came together.

- Seth promo:
I really like Seth continuing to say he didn't choose to become who he is now, holding that resentment for the fans.

Wow. He's going in on Rey.

- Flair interview:
Good to continue to build the women's division.

- Angel/Andrade/Zelina:
I continue to really enjoy Garza as a character.

I'm curious if this is something altered from an idea of them splitting.

- Asuka vs. Flair:
These two always impress.

Charlotte is a staple of WWE title matches for a reason.

I like this physicality.

Very smooth work.

WOWWWWW. Didn't expect Flair to lose by tapout! Hopefully that means good things for the Empress of Tomorrow.

- Nia interview:
Uh-oh, Charlotte.

- Edge promo:
I really love this fire.

Damn, yeah, Edge is motivated. We can stop with the shoot names, though.

This is absolutely more than a win or loss at this point.

AMAZING promo.

- Orton interview:
Very cool stuff.

I really like his viewpoint of not wanting to be overlooked in favor of the retired guys.

- Flair/Nia:
DAMN. Pretty mean, huh?

- Truth vs. Akira:
I'm all for Lashley facing the biggest ninja.

Ha!!!!! Cool.

- Natalya interview:
Hmmm.... I wonder what she's teasing.

- Natalya vs. Liv:
Pretty nice!

- Show interview:
I swear he's been involved with some of the craziest things.

Hahahahahahaha is he turning heel already?????

- Flair/Orton/Show:
Really weird to have Ric as the concerned dad and the asshole who low blowed Christian.

I love the build for RKO.

Very cool to see things go back to how they were with these two together.

OK I really liked the line about his voices calling him the greatest.

See this is obviously fake because he said Edge and Christian instead of Adam and Jay. Like Ric must not be really upset to say "Nia" instead of Savelina.

I guess they're saving this for Extreme Rules.

- Sasha/Bayley vs. IIconics:
Good energy here.

I popped for Bayley doing the IIconic pose.

This is solid enough.

Nice false finish with the rollup.

Very good for the time it had.

- Post-match:
Ahhhhhhhhhh I loved that tease.

I'm ready for that match.

Nice segment.

- Lashley/MVP:
Nice segue. I like the possibility of a faction.

- Liv/Riott:
I mean I guess they might as well have them work together again.

- VIP Lounge:
I'm noticing a theme of faces as fighting champions and heels advising against it.

Pretty solid work overall.

- Crews vs. Shelton:
Good for the time it had.

- Post-match:
Oh yeah. Lashley's probably taking that title.

- Mysterios promo:
I'm intrigued! This has been built well.

- Mysterios/Seth/Murphy/Theory/Humberto/Black:
Nice build of the family ties.

Good way to establish Dominic.

I love Seth's evil promises.

Haha the family's not alone.

Pretty fun.

Wow, yeah, that would have been pretty sadistic from Rey and Dominic.

Good work overall. I'm curious what they're doing at Extreme Rules.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment