Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Dynamite Reax - 6/17/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Dynamite.
- Omega/Page vs. Nightmares:
I like this opening stretch.

Good tag work from both sides.

Both champions have good fire here.

Heck, good energy all around here.

Cool to see Dustin still move like this.

I really liked the diamond cutter not working.

That was a lot of fun. Omega and Page work well together.

- Jay vs. Abadon:
And then we get this weirdness.

That was something, for sure.

- Post-match:
Yeah Brodie Lee just taking anyone in really waters him down. There's a reason Jake Roberts and Taz are sticking with one big name.

- MJF vs. Billy:
Wow three very different matches with three very different skill levels.

This really feels like someone playing a heel character at a wrestling school.

It's also weird to see Billy Gunn as such a large presence. Not that he's ever been a small man, but I'm not used to him in a Braun Strowman kind of role.

I did like MJF trying for a famouser.

Verrrryyyyyyyy by-the-book heeling. Just throw a bunch of heel tropes together and you get MJF.

- Post-match:
I do like the big fight breaking out.

- Jericho/Sammy:
Bleh.

- Baker/Swole:
Britt continues to be a lot of fun.

- Cody/Arn:
Hmmmmmmmmm. I'm curious where they're going with the no one helping Cody thing.

- Starks video:
Wow didn't take long to use someone out of the box. AEW's constantly fresh in a way NXT isn't.

- Cody vs. Starks:
Weekly Cody Clinic time. I'm onboard.

OK, OK, I see Starks has a good base at least.

Good formula here.

Starks looked good in defeat, by design.

- Squad vs. Bucks:
Good psychology early.

Wow. Butcher and Blade aren't observing social distancing.

Good story in the match and with the other teams paying attention.

Havoc and Kip are looking good against the established team.

The Bucks are underrated storytellers. Their reputation is finally growing in that regard.

I'm enjoying the in-ring story here.

This is pretty nice.

I enjoyed the Bucks not being able to hit their finish with the other teams at ringside.

This is quite solid from everyone.

Fun work all around.

- Post-match:
Very good work to establish the tag division.

- Taz/Cage:
I did pop for Taz saying being miserable was his own gimmick.

More good build.

- Mov promo:
Very nice!

- Baker/Reby:
I love it in all of its silliness.

- Jericho/Sammy vs. Friends:
This has good energy to start.

Good teamwork from both sides.

I feel like I say it every week, but Jericho looks really out of place with these young guys.

Nice bat spot.

Sammy continues to crack me up.

Good action all around.

Hahahahaha I liked that ending.

- Post-match:
Mostly good. I hope Jericho can take a break soon; he's got less in the tank each week.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment