Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Raw Reax - 6/15/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Orton/Christian:
This definitely works out well for Orton as a heel.

I love this, though surely now he wants to challenge Drew?

HAHAHAHA wow you bastard continuing the match just to torment Edge.

Very good heel work.

Definitely makes sense for Christian to want revenge.

Orton just putting everyone in their place, huh?

Nice callback to One More Match.

I like that stipulation, though of course it makes you wonder if everyone can come back unsanctioned after retiring.

- Angel/Vega/Andrade:
I enjoy the story with Zelina's group.

Nice stuff.

- Owens vs. Angel:
We'll see if this leads to Garza being moved back to NXT since Heyman's not around to advocate for younger, relatively unexposed talent.

Wow yeah we're setting a breakup for sure.

Yep. Pretty definitive win.

- Post-match:
I can't help but think Andrade will beat Garza and send him back to the cruiserweight division.

- Lashley/MVP backstage:
I like that tag match idea. It builds on what they've all done previously.

- Lashley/MVP/Lana:
MVP raises a valid point about a rematch being warranted. I like when heels have justifications.

YESSSSSSS drop Lana king.

- Raiders/Profits/Akira:
THIS. IS. INSANE.

- Raiders/Profits vs. Akira/Ninjas:
I swear no one would buy this as a parody of WWE booking.

That was something for sure.

- Post-match:
The Big Smoke!!!!

Crazy times. The obvious expectation is Show turning heel. Again.

- Seth interview:
I'm loving this side of Seth.

- Christian backstage:
I do like that Christian is weighing this major decision.

- Seth/Rey/Dominic:
So is Rey going to come back unsanctioned, too?

This is vicious! Seth is going pretty heavy.

I'm glad someone who isn't a wrestler didn't dominate three professionals.

- Truth/Lashley/MVP:
Silly but par for the course.

- Truth/Lashley/MVP/McIntyre:
I like this continuing through break.

Fun to build the tag match.

- Natalya/Liv vs. IIconics:
I guess we're in for another breakdown from Natalya.

Not bad to rebuild Billie and Peyton after they failed at Backlash.

- Post-match:
Interesting that Bayley and Sasha weren't there. And whom do Billie and Peyton know?

- Natalya/Liv/Lana:
So wait are they shipping Natalya and Lana after Liv left both?

- Christian interview:
Badass!

- MVP/Crews:
I really like MVP looking to scout others instead of not existing when he's not by Lashley's side.

I guess Lashley could come for Crews next?

- Flairs promo:
Not sure if that accomplished much. We'll see if there's a payoff later in the episode.

- Shelton promo:
I liked that. Glad he has something of a character.

- Crews vs. Shelton:
Interesting direction. It feels like everyone has to turn heel...

- Truth/Akira/Drew:
This is absurd!

Oddball stipulation that, again, Russo would be heavily criticized for.

- Asuka interview:
Fine enough.

- Drew/Truth:
Truth has been a lot of fun being so confused.

- Show/Profits/Raiders:
I guess they'll end things next week then and Show can disappear again (?)

- Lashley/MVP vs. Drew/Truth:
Hahaha I like the story of Drew not wanting Truth to screw things up.

There's good strategy in this match.

Hahaha cool ending.

- Christian/Ric:
Good use of Flair.

I like the heat to this.

- Bayley/Sasha/IIconics:
Nice! The champs will respond on their own schedule!

AHHHH that shot at Sasha post-WM35.

Works for me!

- Nia promo:
Also solid.

- Asuka vs. Nia:
More good in-ring strategy.

Nia doesn't need 100 moves to be effective.

Asuka's giving this her all.

Ehhhhhhh not too crazy about the rollup ending.

- Orton interview:
I don't know. Legend might be a bit strong of a word.

Cool. Orton's pretty great here.

- Ric/Christian:
I like how important this feels.

- Randy vs. Christian:
NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.

- Post-match:
That was a hell of a heel moment for Orton.

Really good stuff.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment