Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2012

NXT Reax - 5/30/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 5/30 NXT.
As someone who has given flak to Hawkins and Reks in the past, I liked what I saw in their tag match. THe Usos continue to show good fire and solid teamwork. Both teams have futures and I hope they're part of a renewed focus on the division when we get 3-hour Raws.

Kaitlyn vs. Tamina was pretty impressive. Kaitlyn's improved by leaps and bounds since we first saw her, with a level of technique we don't see from a lot of men. Tamina showed that she had more tricks up her sleeve than I thought she initially did as well.

I was very pleased with the 6-man main event. It's good to have Gabriel back in the fold and I hope the sky is the limit for he and Watson. Everyone worked well. Sometimes it's good to just have a long wrestling match with young talents.

Rookie Evaluation: 5 is ready for the main roster, 4 is almost there, 3 is in the middle, 2 is closer to being FCW-bound, and 1 should either be released or sent back to FCW.
Derrick Bateman - 5 (Last time: 5). I see nothing really "wrong" with Derrick Bateman. He works hard in and out of the ring. If he continues doing that, he'll have a solid foundation. From there, he'll need to become someone the company (and fans) can't live without. I don't see that happening yet.

The 5/31 Superstars and Impact Wrestling and more will be up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment