Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Smackdown Reax - 6/1/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 6/1 Smackdown.

Strong opening segment with Sheamus, Otunga, and Del Rio.

I missed Sin Cara. His return was a little wonky, but I'm glad he's getting a chance to show what he can do. If he stays healthy and out of trouble, he might become a big sensation.

Sandow continues to be smooth as a character and as a wrestler. Impressive victory.

I like Dolph getting the chance to step up in the main event.

Ryback is just scary strong and one hell of a physical specimen. Keep an eye on him. If WWE uses him right (and he doesn't get injured or suspended), he MIGHT be able to be a big deal in time.

Ziggler brought his A game to Sheamus in their match. I hope he breaks into the top echelon of the company at some point based on how hard he works to steal the show.

Nice promo from Punk as always.

Young and Titus' pre-match promo was nice. They apparently just needed to be put together in the right situations to be people I like seeing each week.

I was disappointed at the short match with a loss for Young and Titus. It was good while it lasted, though. Both Primetime Players complemented each other and played to their individual strengths.

Good post-match beatdown by Show.

Good segment with Bryan and AJ.

Nice match with Kidd and Rhodes while it lasted. I wish we saw more of them and less of Laurinaitis and Show, but they don't ask me!

Punk showed what he's made of and Kane showed that he's still got "it". Pretty solid hard-hitting match.

The post-match to end Smackdown was well done. I look forward to more from all three of them (four if you count AJ).

The 6/4 Raw will also be up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment