Total Pageviews

Friday, June 22, 2012

Questions on the WWE/TNA deal, Vince's legacy, Cena being fired, using Slater, and R-Truth in the TNA Hall, Punk talks main event, and AJ as Miss Elizabeth

For my take on the 6/20 PWInsider.com questions:
1. Yeah, I don't think WWE would have agreed to that. I think they got a pretty fair deal as it was.

2. I think they will. I think he should be remembered for the positives and the negatives, but probably mostly as a very important part of making wrestling what it is today.

3. I think some fans do still buy because of that stipulation, though you're correct in that they don't really stick to it. He was technically "fired" in the Nexus angle, but that didn't last long.

After the break, I go into everything else from 6/20.

4. Here's the thing for me: why would we tune in to Slater's other matches or pay to see him on PPV or at a live event if he can't beat names who retired long ago? I like nostalgia at times, but it doesn't do a good job of building to the future.

5. When he's no longer with WWE, I think they should induct him. Maybe Christian, too.

C.M. Punk responded to criticism that he isn't in the main event.

Finally, Grantland.com compared AJ Lee to Miss Elizabeth. That's mighty high praise.

More news will follow the 6/21 Superstars and Impact Wrestling, which is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment