Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TNA Slammiversary Reax

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on Slammiversary.

I guess if they had to use Hogan to bring in the casual fans, it was good to start the show off with him.

Aries vs. Joe was off the chain. Both men busted their asses in a solid hard-hitting match.

Hernandez vs. Kash was fine. I was glad to see that Kash is still around, as he's really still got "it".

The tag match was ok. Garett's still too green to be getting this much attention.

I wasn't overly enthused with hearing from Kazarian and Daniels. If they didn't have such tenure, I don't know if they'd be pushed this much.

Everyone worked hard in the #1 Contenders' match. Hardy and RVD still have some gas in the tank at this stage of their careers. I'm not a fan of Anderson being #1 Contender.

I liked Storm vs. Crimson. Both guys will hopefully have solid futures. I don't know if it was time for Crimson to lose, but it's all about the follow-up and he lost to someone good who's still in their prime.

Good segment with Dixie. I wonder why Jeff Jarrett wasn't the first inductee, unless he doesn't want to be back on TV. Sting deserves to go in, but this felt kind of like an angle to lead into Roode vs. Sting later.

Fine enough Knockouts match. At least Tessmacher winning is something different.

Strong Bully Ray promo as always.

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park was a little weird, but it was enjoyable for what it was.

Fine Roode promo.

I liked the use of Christian. I hope he doesn't get any heat for putting TNA over.

Angle, Styles, Daniels, and Kazarian brought their A games in the tag title match. Very impressive.

Sting vs. Roode was ok. The act of Roode retaining's just getting kind of tiring.

Cool ending.

The 6/11 Raw will also be up tonight. Up next, a news post.

No comments:

Post a Comment